Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eveflyaway

Hisense Roku TV model 50R6E4 does not display 4K programming from Xfinity X1 cable box

Jump to solution

Hello,

My 2023 Hisense Roku TV model 50R6E4 does not display 4K programming from my Xfinity X1 cable TV box. I have tried changing all TV picture settings, HDMI ports, everything I can think of, and suggestions found online, and nothing works. They have many "Watch now" options for the Olympics, and one of them was "2024 Paris Olympics USA 4K". When I select it, a message appears saying, "Unfortunately, your TV Box isn't compatible. To watch, your TV Box must be 4K UHD capable." Shouldn't my Hisense Roku TV display 4K show anyway? Thanks for your help. 

Evelyn

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hisense Roku TV model 50R6E4 does not display 4K programming from Xfinity X1 cable box

Jump to solution

It sounds like your Xfinity box isn't 4k capable.  It looks like they're not all the same:

"4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR content viewing requires an Xfinity X1 XG1v4 or Xi6 TV Box, or an XiOne streaming TV Box for Xfinity Flex."

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs

Your TV is capable of 4k, but you're cable box must also be capable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hisense Roku TV model 50R6E4 does not display 4K programming from Xfinity X1 cable box

Jump to solution

It sounds like your Xfinity box isn't 4k capable.  It looks like they're not all the same:

"4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR content viewing requires an Xfinity X1 XG1v4 or Xi6 TV Box, or an XiOne streaming TV Box for Xfinity Flex."

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs

Your TV is capable of 4k, but you're cable box must also be capable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.