Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bratface
Streaming Star

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Jump to solution

Here is Preston Smalley's email address, flood him with emails about your dissatisfaction with this supposed 'upgrade'!

PSmalley@roku.com

911todler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What? Then why are they advertising more channels depicting numbers? Do you have to scroll through everything to find a specific channel? Ridiculous!

bratface
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yep, they are still advertising the channels BY THEIR NUMBERS!!

eyes.jpg

Nydius
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Once a day now I get a pop up message on my Roku TV Home Screen reminding me that all I have to do now is say the channel I want in my voice remote.

One problem: I don’t have a voice remote. Nor do I want one. I know I’m not alone; In the history of Roku, voice remotes are relatively new. The vast majority of us have older, non-voice remotes.

Which brings us to this changed. No doubt they removed channel numbers precisely because they want people to pay for voice remotes to replace their standard ones. It’s certainly no coincidence that I’m seeing ads to Roku’s shop for “replacement remotes with voice” popping up on the menu ad banner.

Y’all can stuff your voice remotes where the sun doesn’t shine. Bring back the channel numbers.

Christeen420
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did anyone actually test this out before you sent it out to all Roku users? Easier! on what planet do you come from where looking for a little logo is easier than going to a specific channel number. I'm 74 years old and I've never seen anything so freaking stupid in all my life. did anyone really test this out before putting it out to the public or is this just laziness that you don't want to have to bother with putting numbers in. Just another coding issue! Wake up and fix it before you lose all business! 

Christeen420
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Done sent a very nice email. Lol

Darrelln99

Jump to solution

We will never buy another ROKU TV and will share our feelings on social. This is the kind of action I would expect from a government agency.  I demand my channel listing back!

winston3338
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

First Roku took the digits out of the  digital remote and now they taken the digits out of the digital tv and we're the only ones seriously discussing it. I texted with Onn tv and this agent said he'll pass my complaint on to the proper department.

I texted with Roku and he said he didn't know anything about it but he'll pass my feedback on. I google is Roku down and there's no numbers complaint's. I'm lost without channel numbers and It's too late for me to do anything about it so good luck everyone.  

Duane_O
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is the most stupid update. Numbers make it easier to access the channel you're searching for. Pluto did the sane ridiculous update. I got to try Samsung TV at a hotel. Totally buggy. Makes Roku look good

daveyd128
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had to reset my TV a bit ago, and the numbers are back, for a short time. Who did this benefit removing the numbers, because when the numbers are gone, I can use my Harmony remote and enter whatever channel number still.  Stupid.