Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clarksouth

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Jump to solution

My husband is going to have a stroke because of the nightmare-channel number loss. He's  already spent over an hour on the phone with TCL and Roku. 

The best suggestion so far is to go to the website you purchased from and warn people not to buy a roku tv, ever. 

Roku stock dropping like a rock. 

Dumbtv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just figured this much out.

If you know the channel number and have the Roku app on your phone you can put the number in and it will go to the channel selected.

I thought about this because I learned to use the app to skip the scroll through all the channels which can be found here

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Roku-Channel-Live-TV-Guide-List-Reference-List/td-p/7...

This is the only remedy I've found for now.

Use the Roku phone app and while on live TV Roku channel put in the number of the channel which can be found 

Jump to solution

There is no possible explanation that suits.  My eyesight is not the best and now I cannot find my favorites because i cannot see the names of the channels from my favorite chair. Ugh! Please give the numbers back.

Ann B

Lavalgl

Jump to solution

Tell us how to get back channel numbers on Ruko tv

Jump to solution

I have been a Roku customer for years but whoever idea it was to delete channel numbers and make the idiotic statement that it enables simpler browsing is crazy! I have only Roku products for years and I'm about to change because of this.

Docsman
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

What have you done? Not only did you remove the channel numbers, but you completely changed the order of the channels. No longer are they grouped by genre, but instead it's just one big jumbled mess. You cannot find anything now.

The only explanation I can come up with is that Roku decided to commit suicide by hiring the crack UI/UX team away from Amazon because now Roku's interface sucks as badly as Fire Stick's.

Apachee55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree

bratface
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

AND YOU ARE STILL ADVERTISING THE CHANNELS BY NUMBER!!

stupid.jpg

Apachee55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Quit sucking your zipper put back the numbers assholes

winston3338
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.