Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timevans18
Reel Rookie

Re: Watching Newsmax live crashes Roku TV

It is happening again this morning. Its Monday and I never made that connection. Its very annoying. Please fix this issue Roku !!

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @timevans18

Thank you for the post!

If your Roku TV is crashing when you try to watch Newsmax live, here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Check your internet connection: A weak or unstable internet connection can cause streaming issues. Try resetting your modem or router, or contacting your internet service provider for further assistance.

Restart your Roku TV: Try restarting your Roku TV. Make sure to do the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.  

Update your Roku TV: Make sure your Roku TV is running the latest software version. You can check for updates in the Roku settings menu.

Uninstall and reinstall the Newsmax channel: Try uninstalling the Newsmax channel, then reinstalling it from the Roku channel store.

Check for other apps running in the background: Make sure no other apps are running in the background that could be causing performance issues.

Contact Newsmax support: If the issue persists, contact Newsmax support for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps specific to their channel.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
sampson

If you are experiencing issues with the NewsMax app on your TCL Roku Streaming TV, such as it crashing to the homescreen after watching for a certain period of time, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Update the NewsMax app: Make sure you have the latest version of the NewsMax app installed. To check for updates, go to the Roku home screen, select the NewsMax app, and then press the * button on your remote. From there, select "Check for Updates" and follow the prompts to update the app if necessary.

2. Restart your TCL Roku Streaming TV: Sometimes restarting your TV can help resolve software issues. To restart your TV, go to the Settings menu, select "System," and then choose "Power" and then "System Restart."

3. Clear cache and data of the NewsMax app: Go to the Settings menu, select "System," and then choose "Advanced system settings." From there, select "Privacy," and then choose "Clear cache" and "Clear data" for the NewsMax app.

4. Uninstall and reinstall the NewsMax app: If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the NewsMax app. To do this, go to the Roku home screen, select the NewsMax app, and then press the * button on your remote. From there, select "Remove channel" and then follow the prompts to reinstall the app. 

If none of these steps help, you may need to contact NewsMax or Roku support for further assistance.

Regards:

0 Kudos
Juliomnuel

I've been trying to watch Newsmax tonight but after about 5 minutes it gives right out I had to restart it three or four times if I watch anything else other than the Newsmax my TV is fine

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Juliomnuel

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.
For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
cja7928
Channel Surfer

Same issue.  doesn't crash on any other channel - only Newsmax.   Maybe I'm supposed to fall in line and watch CNN......

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@cja7928

Thanks for your post. 

We believe that you have already tried the suggested steps posted by @RokuKarla. If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Dramacox

I also have difficulties watching Newsmax on my Roku TV. Tonight I had to restart it 4 times before being able to view the news. I usually get booted off at least once when starting the program, or after watching for a short time. I was able to watch Netflix with no problem, but when I change to Newsmax I was booted off. In fact I was on the site less than 5 minutes and I just now got booted off again. I will keep trying and listen on my phone until it lets me back on. This is ridiculous!! Wondering if this is political

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Dramacox

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize to hear about your experience. Aside from restarting the channel, have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? Try doing this and keep us posted on how it goes. 

To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Dramacox 

The standalone Newsmax channel/app seems to always have recurring issues on Roku.  The Newsmax developers will eventually fix it, and then a month or two later it will again have issues. (usually affecting the LiveTV programming).

If you are just trying to watch LiveTV for Newsmax (rather than past shows), try watching it on the free channels/apps available on Roku like the Roku Channel ch.190 , PlutoTV ch 460, Plex, Rumble, KlowdTV, Xumo Play, TCL, and others. (All these free channels/apps carry Newsmax in their LiveTV sections/linear channels).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos