Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaszzz
Channel Surfer

Vivaldi Channel Listing Inaccurate

The Roku Channel Vivaldi Channel is a very good experience of classical music, except that the listing on the channel guide is invariably wrong. It will identify a symphonic piece as being string quartet, and vice versa, and a thousand other ridiculous mistakes. If one presses OK to list the piece details below the image of the performers, it is the same mess. Once a week or so it gets it right, like a stopped clock. IF I happen to stop whatever I'm doing and run to the screen when a new piece happens to come on, there is a slight chance that the correct details will be shown in the image as the piece begins. But not always, or not correctly sometimes, and the /orchestra/performers/conductor are sometimes not identified. How can a serious company like Roku allow this ridiculous, humiliating situation to keep continuing?  Also I posted this problem last week somewhere on this community board but it is gone, cannot be found with a Search. What a farce, except that the music choices and performances are superb!

7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Vivaldi Channel Listing Inaccurate

@chaszzz

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of the issue

With more detailed information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bbhack

Still inaccurate. Great performances. Too bad the performers and composers have to be anonymous the general population.

chaszzz
Channel Surfer

I replied but could not see my reply, so am replying again. I wrote  an email to the parent co of the Vivaldi Channel in Paris, and got it fixed in January. I've now written again. Fingers crossed.

Charles

chaszzz
Channel Surfer

I think it happens when we put our clocks back and forth in the US twice a year. But not sure. 

Vaughn63
Channel Surfer

It’s almost a year since the original post; and the issue still persists.  Very annoying.  

pqr1951

Today it is December 11, 2022. The listing is totally inaccurate. The listing said RAVEL: Le Tombeau de Couperin ,conducted by Rattle. Another guy conducted the selection. It was an episodic piece by either Ravel or Debussy, possibly Resphigi. There was a female vocalist, a brunette mezzo soprano. I think she sang in French. The conductor had thinning dark hair. WHAT WAS THE SELECTION? Can you all at least provide a list of selections or an accurate schedule?

Anne2

It is very annoying a disaplointing to realize that Roku has no interest whatsoever in the listener', needs when tuning into the Vivaldi channel.