Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Camper0414

Video Out to Projection Unit - Audio out through ARC

We have a Roku TV Model 40S325. We currently have the TV connected to a HDMI cable in the ARC location. It is sending a signal from our antenna or we are using the Roku and apps to stream. The audio can either use the TV speakers or the sound system the HDMI is connected to. We are in need of connecting a projection unit to the TV in order to show on a display screen. How would we go about making one of the HDMI ports a video out or is there a different way to make this happen. We tried to connect the HDMI to the TV and projection but the TV did not automatically switch it to an out. If you have any idea how to connect a projector to a Roku TV please share your knowledge.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Video Out to Projection Unit - Audio out through ARC

Sorry, it's simply not possible.  No TV that I know of provides any kind of video output on any port.  You would be better off just connecting a Roku device (that's not a TV) to your projector, but then you might need something for the audio part.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.