Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirbickey
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to hide channels in OTA TV guide after firmware update

Hi @RokuTakashi,

Have you had any update yet?

0 Kudos
leemurphy100
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I agree this feature was very useful and is common on a lot of devices now. All my hidden channels have came back, including adult channels which I had hidden for when my nephew and niece come round. Really strange you would remove that feature?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @leemurphy100,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than delighted to assist you further. Open the Channel Settings menu and choose Hide this channel to hide a channel. To conceal many channels at once, follow the procedures below, or repeat this process for each channel you want to hide.

1. Open the Channel Options menu.
  2. Select Manage channels.
  3. Select Manage channel lineup.
  4. Press OK to check the box next to any channel you wish to hide.

For additional details regarding TV listings through the Live TV Channel Guide, please visit our Support page: How to set up a favorite channel list with Roku's Live TV Channel Guide

We hope this helps.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scottishmarti
Reel Rookie

This doesn’t work!!!

that’s the original complaint in this feed.

you done an update and removed the feature to hide channels.

this is why so many people are complaining.

leemurphy100
Reel Rookie

Hi John

Please read the rest of the thread. The complaint is that this function has been removed from Roku TVs (mine is Hisense others on here have TLC). Please speak to someone in the relevant departments and ask them to reinstate this function.

0 Kudos
stuckinstandby
Reel Rookie

Any update for this Roku? Please can we rollback instead because this is seriously affecting the TV guide - now adult channels are listed and I can't hide them.

Is this only affecting UK users?

I wonder if it might be because the TV guide is "Freeview Play" branded in the UK and when you scroll left, it scrolls back through programmes that have already aired, allowing you to play them (sometimes) via catchup?

So Roku Devs took away the option via TV inputs, thinking it was available via left arrow on the guide, not realising that UK / Freeview Play already uses left arrow for another purpose?

Seems like a realitively easy thing for Roku Devs to restore - just add it to the * menu displayed when you are on a programme in the guide.

0 Kudos
Richardbett57
Reel Rookie

My TCL Roku TV has now updated to software version 13.0.0 Build 24056. The hide unwanted UK Freeview channels option has not returned and there is no way to setup favourites in the TV guide. After this experience, I doubt I will be buying Roku products in the future.

stuckinstandby
Reel Rookie

This is a bug in my view. They've released an update that changes behaviour without realising the negative impact on the UK FreeviewPlay TV Guide. It's not like we have a choice about which TV guide to use.

Compare the UK and US versions of these help pages which have the same article reference but different contents:

UK Version, title: "How do I find TV schedules using Smart Guide on my Roku TV™?"
https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/115012658287

This part makes it clear that pressing left will take you to already aired "programs" (note for Roku help page editors: in the UK it's generally "programmes"):

"Move up and down the grid to different channels, and left and right to browse various titles. Upcoming programs can be viewed 7 days in advance, and programs that already aired can be browsed 7 days in the past."

US Version, title: "How to find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide"
https://support.roku.com/en-us/article/115012658287

This makes it clear that left allows you to change which channels are displayed:

"You can change the list of channels that appear in Live TV Channel Guide to show All Channels, Recent Channels, or Favorite Channels. To switch the channel list, press Left on your Roku remote, followed by Star star button on Roku remote and then make your selection."

So it's definitely a regression issue, where they've failed to test these changes on the UK FreeviewPlay TV Guide.

Does anyone from Roku actually read these boards?

0 Kudos
leemurphy100
Reel Rookie

Nope they just have customer service copy and paste generic self help info

0 Kudos