Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeStreamer
Binge Watcher

USB Sticks not working with Live TV Pause on 32" Roku TV

I've tried 3 different USB sticks, all 32GB since it is the smallest I had or could readily buy. Two are USB 3.0 and one is USB 3.2. None of them work in my new ROKU 32 inch TV. One of them did work in my old Insignia Roku TV. I'm not sure of the issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: USB Sticks not working with Live TV Pause on 32" Roku TV

Hi, @LeeStreamer 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We came across your post regarding the USB stick not working with the Live TV pause on your Roku TV, and we'd be more than glad to assist. We'll provide you with information and guidelines to successfully set up your USB stick to enable the Live TV pause and resolve any issues you are encountering. Kindly be guided on the information below:

How does Live TV Pause work?

Live TV Pause is only available on the Live TV input of your Roku TV system. Your Roku device requires a dedicated USB 2.0 compatible flash drive with at least 16GB of storage to record live TV. To pause the program, press Play/Pause on your Roku remote. Even if you do not pause live TV, you can press Rewind at any time to rewind the current channel up to 90 minutes, or to the point where you first tuned to that channel.

How to Setup Live TV Pause

Follow the steps below to connect a flash drive and enable Live TV pause on your Roku TV system.

Connect a USB flash drive to your TV

1. Plug the USB drive into a USB port on the back or side of your Roku TV system.
  2. After the USB drive is inserted, you will be prompted to reformat it. A message may prompt you to launch a media player, select Don’t launch.

How to enable Live TV Pause

Before you can enable Live TV Pause you need to first set up the Live TV input on your TV. After Live TV is set up, you will be prompted to set up Live TV pause.

If you have already added the Live TV input to your TV, use the following instructions to enable Live TV Pause.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Highlight the Live TV input and press Star to open the Options menu
  3. Select Set up Live TV Pause
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete setup

Once this is performed, you'll be able to use the Live TV pause on your Roku TV. We hope you find this information useful, and feel free to let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LeeStreamer
Binge Watcher

@RokuTakashi you clearly did not read any of this thread as your response is highly inappropriate. Please read before replying.

0 Kudos
LeeStreamer
Binge Watcher

I just tried another USB. This time it was the minimum standards PNY 2.0 16GB USB Drive and the TV said that one was too slow. After trying 4 different drives, I'm out of ideas as to why the antenna TV pause keeps skipping and the sound keeps getting out of sync. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.