Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv turns on by itself how do I stop this?

Jump to solution

My TV turns on by itself. How do I stop this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv turns on by itself how do I stop this?

Jump to solution

Hi, @Belinda3450

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that your TV turns on by itself, and we're here to assist you in resolving this. As a start, let's perform a system restart on your Roku TV. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Additionally, you can unplug your Roku TV from the power source for 5 minutes, then plug it back again. 

Hope you find this information helpful, and if the issue is still present after the steps we've provided, let us know, and we'll continue to assist.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv turns on by itself how do I stop this?

Jump to solution

Hi, @Belinda3450

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that your TV turns on by itself, and we're here to assist you in resolving this. As a start, let's perform a system restart on your Roku TV. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Additionally, you can unplug your Roku TV from the power source for 5 minutes, then plug it back again. 

Hope you find this information helpful, and if the issue is still present after the steps we've provided, let us know, and we'll continue to assist.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.