Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
payas60

Tv turning on and off by itself

For some reason out of nowhere my tv will just turn off no logo saying it Will just goes to tcl•roku logo for a bit them goes to main menu and it’s sometimes again a few seconds later

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv turning on and off by itself

Hi @payas60,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing with us this behavior you're experiencing with your Roku device. We're here to help.

Could you tell us more about this? When did you start seeing the issue occur? Does a system restart help fix this or does it come back even after it?

Let us know more about this so that we can further zoom in on it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bigrich209

I have a Hisense-Roku tv. In the middle of watching a program, the screen went black for 6 seconds, the flashed Hisense-Roku for 1 second then repeated indefinately.

I tried hard resetting the tv, but it did not work.

I called Hisense, and the said it was either that the firmware needed updating, or a component went bad. They said to call Roku.

I called Roku, and they said that they have the software for the tv.

I called a manager at Hisense. He told me that it was not true. Roku uses there own software for the tv, and has the firmware.

I called Roku and requested a manager. He was busy, but would call back shortly. The call never happened. 

So far I have been waiting for 12 hours for a call.

So, both Roku & Hisense are taking advantage of the public!

Is that a reasonable conclusion?

Puxxlhd

NO, and none of that textbook resetting procedure stuff works. bever. so do you have a method that actually works in regards to this made up "low power" nstate of the tv, or are they built to literally last until the "one year and for some odd reason, NOT "lifetime" warranty period ? Considering everything else that is electronic works longer than that even, especially if you never ever move let alone unplug the tv. C'mon, we deserve a better answer to this issue. Please and thank you.

0 Kudos
Puxxlhd

I agree

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bigrich209,

We're sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community along with your report.

We'd like to see more on what's going on here. Could you also tell us when you first observed this? Does this happen frequently, or is it an isolated instance?

Please tell us more about this so that we can help you even better.

Thanks,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RICHJR

I dont mean to interupt  my Hi-sense tv that i have not owned for just a little over a year   it got yuned off and then turned back on last night and now it turns it self on and then10 sec it turns it self off   i purchaced a insurance on this roku   i put in a claim and got a claim number   i have been going on the roku discutions and it seamse that roku has a problem   i have had a couple of these tv  i love the cooler and clearity of this hi=sense   i hope that they can figure out these problems   thanks alot 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @RICHJR!

Raising your concern regarding the Hisense Roku TV you own is appreciated as we are more than happy to assist you with this.

Before proceeding, may we know how are you powering your TV? It is highly recommended that you plug it directly into a power source. 

With this being said, we could try one more step, and with your permission, we can perform a hard reset on your device. Please be informed that resetting your Hisense Roku TV will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions. Also, before doing this step, ensure you know your network connection's name and password.

To perform this, kindly navigate to your Home screen and select Settings > System > Advance system settings > Factory reset.

However, since you have mentioned that you purchased insurance on your Hisende Roku TV, we will let you decide if you want to directly reach out to them for further clarification and assistance.

Please let us know if this helps. We'll be anticipating your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.