Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChuckHale
Channel Surfer

Re: Tv screen is black but still has sound

Jump to solution

Yes.  I've done the reset thing.  Now the sounds are different. Previously, I could sometimes navigate blindly to an app and open it and hear TV.  Now, since it has been reset, there are no apps downloaded, but there is the sound for the sight impaired accessibility.  There are voice prompts for what to so, but I can't really do any of them.  Everything now is in the default setting. FWIW, the model is 65S455 (TCL).  

TCL refuses to do anything because the warranty expired.  Along with it, my confidence in ever purchasing another TCL product expired.  This TV is in a second home and was hardly used.  It's not like I was using it for hours a day every day for a year. I used it for just a couple of hours 1 or 2 days a week.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @ChuckHale.

We're sorry to hear about your experience. To confirm your concern, does the issue only occur while streaming on a specific channel or throughout the Roku platform?

Aside from the issue you are experiencing, it may be related to hardware. It could also be due to circuit board issues at the back of your TV that only the manufacturer can help you with. Getting in touch with them may still resolve this concern.

In addition, we already flagged your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChuckHale
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm actually not able to get to the streaming part.  When I turn on the TV, I initially get the ROKU logo (it flashes for a split second) and then the screen goes black.  So, it is not while streaming on a specific channel.  It's just all the time.  Even on the home page. 

ChuckHale
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I thought about trying to connect something to the HDMI port and see if it would still be black. But changing from the main ROKU interface to an HDMI input requires me to . . . be able to see what's on the screen.  So, Catch 22.  Pretty frustrating. 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us updated, @ChuckHale.

We appreciate you taking the necessary steps to fix the issue you've encountered. We acknowledge your information and will update our appropriate Roku team on this.

We're hoping for your patience and understanding as we work on the issue. This thread will update you with further developments about the investigation.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rukw93

Jump to solution

Well? Did u fix the issue fir her?

0 Kudos
ChuckHale
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine isn't fixed.  It's just an $800 door stop.

ChuckHale
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine isn't fixed.  It's just an $800 door stop. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.