Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ecrio

Re: Tv keeps shutting off and restarting

Jump to solution

Serial num. X01200XV5MHL. Keeps shutting off.  Won't stay in long enough for me to get to settings and try anything. 

3no3

Re: Roku tv stuck in continuous reboot loop

Jump to solution

Were you able to fix this issue? I have the same problem. Even after factory reset, i cannot get it to work

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @3no3!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to help you determine the cause and find you the best resolution possible. 

We'd like to assess your concern better and provide you with the most accurate resolution. With this being said, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• What specific model is your Roku TV? Is this a Hisense, TCL, ONN, etc.?
  • When did you start experiencing this?
  • Did your TV recently receive any software update that might trigger this from happening?

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDC_M

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing this issue. Even after leaving the TV unplugged. 

0 Kudos
john_henry
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A Roku TV stuck in a continuous reboot loop can be frustrating. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Power Cycle the TV:

• Unplug the TV from the power source.
    • Wait for about 30 seconds.
    • Plug the TV back in and turn it on.
  2. Check for Loose Cables:

• Ensure all cables (HDMI, power, etc.) are securely connected.
    • Try using different HDMI ports or cables if you have them.
  3. Factory Reset:

• If the TV is responsive enough to navigate the menu, you can perform a factory reset.
    • Go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.
    • If the TV is not responsive, look for a small reset button or pinhole on the back or side of the TV. Press and hold this button for about 10-15 seconds (you may need a paperclip or similar object to do this).
  4. Update Firmware:

• If the TV stays on long enough, go to Settings > System > System Update to check for and install any firmware updates.
  5. Disconnect External Devices:

• Disconnect all external devices (e.g., USB drives, gaming consoles) to see if one of them is causing the issue.
    • If the TV works without these devices, reconnect them one at a time to identify the culprit.
  6. Safe Mode (if available):

• Some Roku TVs have a safe mode that can be accessed through specific button combinations on the remote. Check the user manual or the manufacturer's website for instructions on how to access safe mode.
  7. Contact Support:

• If none of the above steps work, contact Roku support or the TV manufacturer for further assistance. The issue might be hardware-related, and professional repair could be necessary.

If you need specific instructions for your TV model or further assistance with any of these steps, feel free to provide more details

0 Kudos
Agvmathis

Jump to solution

Mine is a westinghouse that started today. No known updates. 

0 Kudos
Agvmathis

Jump to solution

I have a westinghouse that just started this. I've tried power cycling it.I'm unable to do any of the other troubleshooting steps as it will not stay on long enough.

0 Kudos
Aymachali

Jump to solution

Same here stuck in boot loop nothing will fix it seems like it’s a Roku tv issue, my brand TV is ONN.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we will coordinate this with the appropriate team to conduct a thorough investigation.

With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Specific troubleshooting steps that you've tried.

We'll be looking forward to your response. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GrisP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a Westinghouse Roku TV stuck on rebooting (Westinghouse - Roku TV). I did a hard reset (pressing the button on the side), it went to Recovering Mode, entered my wifi information, it started the updating process, but now, it restarts and goes back to updating, then restarting again. It just happened today. Obviously, I’m not able to go through any menus or settings. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.