Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lzzyjo
Reel Rookie

Tv keeps asking me to set up antenna

My tv is set to go directly to live tv when it is turned on. I made sure to check the “streaming only option when I setup the tv. However Over the past weeks my onn tv keeps asking me to set up an antenna or cable. I do not have antenna or cable. There is no longer an option showing to select for streaming only. So now everytime I tun the tv on I get a prompt saying to watch live tv I must setup an antenna, cable, antenna and cable, or do this later. This is so freaking annoying. I tried to contact onn support but the pin that roku provides on this website takes you to a product registration site and nothing else. I tried doing a factory reset and starting everything over this worked for two days and the prompt game right back. Any clues as to how to make this stop would be greatly appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv keeps asking me to set up antenna

Hi @Lzzyjo,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to investigate further with this issue that you're having. Can you please provide the following information below?

• May we know what kind of Roku device you are using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)
  • Could you send us a photo of the problem that you had?
  • Are there any external devices that are connected to the back of your TV? (Cable box, speakers, Sattelite, etc.)

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zer0mad

Re: Tv keeps asking me to set up antenna

@Lzzyjo hello, just wondering did you get it fixed? My tv is doing the exact same thing and it’s driving me nuts. I can’t seem to figure out why. I set up streaming only but when I turn it on I’m always asked to set up live tv with an antenna or cable so I have to back out then go to my favorite streaming channels. Starting to make me mad. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.