Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denette
Channel Surfer

Tv has button sounds but no picture

My roku tv is powering on but I have no picture! I can see a change in the screen when it powers on, the red off light goes away, I can hear the remote sounds when I click the remote, but there is no picture. I paid a lot of money for this tv less than a year ago and am trying not to cry over this!!!!!! HELP!!! 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Tv has button sounds but no picture

Hi @Denette

Thanks for the post.

These are the most common reasons you may not see the picture on your TV:

• You have the wrong input (source) selected on your TV
    You must select the input (sometimes referred to as source) that matches the one to which you have the Roku player connected.
  • The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty
    Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you have a Roku Streaming Stick, then make sure it is firmly connected to the HDMI connector on your TV.
    If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  • There is a problem with the TV
    If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the connector on the TV.
    If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
    If all else fails…
  • Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

For more information, you can refer to this Support link: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Denette
Channel Surfer

I don’t use the inputs, nothing is in them. The tv automatically goes to a Home Screen. The cable is connected and the tv has power. I can see the red power light, it goes off when I hit the power button attempting to power on the tv - the tv makes a clicking sound when you press remote buttons - I can hear the clicking. Meaning, it has power. I don’t have a steaming stick. The tv is on and has sound but no picture. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Denette 

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Denette
Channel Surfer

It’s a roku tv, I reached out here. Seems pointless tho. Thanks anyways.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Denette, Roku doesn't make the TVs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

I've had the same problem with my TCL-Roku TV a while ago and found a solution:

• pull the power plug to the TV
  • press and hold the 'Power-On' button on the TV for 20 seconds (not the remote)
  • plug in the power chord
  • turn on the TV with the remote

Apparently there is a buildup of static in the circuitry and by pressing the power button on the TV, while there is no power, drains that static electricity.

Hope this works for you.

0 Kudos