Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kolinbo1

Tv doesn’t stay connected to wi-fi?

I’ve had my roku for about a year, but for the past few months, whenever i turn it on it says not connected and i have to system restart the tv for it to even be able to connect to internet. is there anything i can do to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Juide_Micle
Reel Rookie

Re: Tv doesn’t stay connected to wi-fi?

Reboot the router or update tv's firmware or set a static ip. check for interference too

0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: Tv doesn’t stay connected to wi-fi?

@kolinbo1 @Juide_Micle 

Hey there. Sorry to hear about the connectivity issues. It can definitely be fustrating and hopefully the few recommednations here will help with your connectivity.

The first thing I'd do it "power cycle your Roku device for 30 secs.. don't need to wait longer than that

second I would restart your router like the other use mentioned is his response.

3rd I would perform a network connection reset on your Roku device. To do this step 1 go to settings, step 2 go into advance system settings, step 3 find network connection reset and lastly hit reset connection

.Once the network has been reset the roku willl restart. Go into setting and find set up your wireless network.

Hopefully this should solve the issue. I'd be surious to find out if you had any success and wish you the best of luck.

Oh i forgot one last thing. Lets say what I wrote above did not work I would recommend a manual factory reset. I'd recommend that be the last approach you should try though.

Write back to let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.