Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hament2

ONN Roku television won’t connect to iPhone app unless I go in and check the network connection?

Jump to solution

I’m hoping somebody here can help me or at least point me in the right direction. I saw a few threads on here with similar issues but no solution. My Roku remote is shoddy and hard to use because it lags or cuts in and out. I’ve used my iPhone app for 2 years, but recently it won’t connect to the tv. What I have to do is take the remote and go into the tv network settings and either cycle connection to the WiFi, or click test connection - then my app will be able to find the device on my network.

My only recent change is I got 2 Roku wireless speakers. Is this an issue on my WiFi end or my tv? It says it’s connected to the WiFi, it just won’t show up as a device on the network. I’ve tried using other universal remote apps too but they don’t work.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ONN Roku television won’t connect to iPhone app unless I go in and check the network connection?

Jump to solution

Hi @hament2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having trouble connecting the Roku mobile app to your ONN Roku device, and thanks for providing the workaround steps.

Please ensure that your ONN Roku TV and the mobile device where the Roku mobile app is installed are connected to the same network.

For this matter, we'll also provide a couple of troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

Restart your Roku deviceYou can unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and then reconnect it, or you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu: navigate to Home > Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the skip).

After your Roku device powers back on, make sure it is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.

Restart the Roku mobile app - by doing one of the following:

1. On an Apple device, swipe up or double-click the iOS home button and then swipe the Roku app to close it.
  2. On an Android device, press the Recents button and then swipe the Roku app to close it.
  3. You can also uninstall and install the Roku mobile app once again. This step ensures that you've installed the latest version.

Connect to your Roku device manually. Locate the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below to connect manually.

1. Launch the Roku mobile app.
  2. Tap Devices 
  3. Tap Get help.
  4. Select Connect Manually
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ONN Roku television won’t connect to iPhone app unless I go in and check the network connection?

Jump to solution

Hi @hament2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having trouble connecting the Roku mobile app to your ONN Roku device, and thanks for providing the workaround steps.

Please ensure that your ONN Roku TV and the mobile device where the Roku mobile app is installed are connected to the same network.

For this matter, we'll also provide a couple of troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

Restart your Roku deviceYou can unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and then reconnect it, or you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu: navigate to Home > Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the skip).

After your Roku device powers back on, make sure it is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.

Restart the Roku mobile app - by doing one of the following:

1. On an Apple device, swipe up or double-click the iOS home button and then swipe the Roku app to close it.
  2. On an Android device, press the Recents button and then swipe the Roku app to close it.
  3. You can also uninstall and install the Roku mobile app once again. This step ensures that you've installed the latest version.

Connect to your Roku device manually. Locate the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below to connect manually.

1. Launch the Roku mobile app.
  2. Tap Devices 
  3. Tap Get help.
  4. Select Connect Manually
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.