Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer device to a new owner without removing the apps

Visiting at my sisters house and whatever the situation was, the kids had accidentally reset the living room TV. My sister and her husband were away at the time so to use the TV I entered my account info and of course, it installed my apps to the TV.

Since then they never took the time to change it back and now we're afraid to set it back to their account because we don't want the apps and history ect. to be removed! Is there any way to Transfer the TV to a "new owner " without resetting the device?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Transfer device to a new owner without removing the apps

The only way to change the account is a factory reset. It will automatically load any apps already downloaded for that account. Some logins are tied to the account and may work. Most will require a new login.

Basically, it's a security issue. You don't want info from multiple accounts mixed up.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.