Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillNew
Reel Rookie

Too many repetitive commercials on the roku channel...

Almost every time... occasionally skips... the darn same annoying GMC @#$%^&* ( not a curse word ) truck commercial comes on.

Frequently exit the commercial as it is overboard about its' features and I was not interested in the item the first time the commercial was shown.

How about some Ford F150 commercials instead. This is Ford Country in my part of America.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Too many repetitive commercials on the roku channel...

Why would Ford spend ad money to preach to the choir?

LaurieMe3

The FGTeeV commercial is the most annoying ad known to man with that guy constantly screaming. OMG... Makes me crazy because I watch The Roku Channel a lot and so I hear and see that a lot.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@BillNew If you want more Ford commercials, you need to complain to Ford, not Roku. Roku isn't choosing to play GMC ads over Ford, GMC is paying them to play their ads, if Ford will do the same, their ads will then be broadcast.

What they can do, is not play all the same ads of their own shows, over & over & over again, until the last thing we'd ever want to do, is watch one of them. And I notice a few other channels are guilty of that same thing. If we're already watching their channel, why should we have to sit through ad after ad, on every commercial break, touting the very channel and shows, we're already aware of, since we're there watching them! Makes no sense, & is in fact, counter-productive, as it means either muting the sound, or going off exploring other channels, instead of enduring all those same commercials, and we may find something more interesting, and switch to another channel, instead! Not a good marketing decision on their part, for sure.

0 Kudos
BillNew
Reel Rookie

@StevenCee

I was a suggestion not a demand.

The point of my post was to rotate commercials better instead of going overboard and showing the same !@#$%^&* (not a curse word) commercial from GMC ad nauseum.

Have a great day!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.