Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfarns

Time displayed is off by 7 hours and unable to change it on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have a TCL TV that under Settings - System has no menu for either Time or Power. Thus the user has no way to change the time. My TV is showing a time off by 7 hours exactly which leads me to believe it is set for GMT with no way to switch to EST, or any other time zone. I tried doing the 'secret menu' software upgrade twice with no result and the software is up to date. Chatting with customer support has so far yeilded no fix but he is checking with his team members for any ideas. How does the TV set the time in the first place and how can it be corrected to the correct time zone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Time displayed is off by 7 hours and unable to change it on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

@jfarns

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can change the time zone by going to: Settings > System > Time > Time Zone and selecting either Set automatically or Set manually.

For more information about formatting the clock, visit our Support page here: Adjust the clock format

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jfarns

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can change the time zone by going to: Settings > System > Time > Time Zone and selecting either Set automatically or Set manually.

For more information about formatting the clock, visit our Support page here: Adjust the clock format

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bobmak
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry but there is no Time change setting on our TCL Roku tv "anywhere" I have looked in each area under setting

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bobmak
Thanks for the post.

Have you tried following the path recommended in my previous post? If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you provide us with the OS that your Roku TV is running in Settings > System > About.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mmcdade63
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is no time setting in the menu Danny. What the **bleep**?

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mmcdade63,

Thanks for your post. 

I can see that you do not have the option to change the time in the Settings. Could you provide the running OS of your Roku TV? To get this info go to Settings > System > About.
Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Shotgunshortie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine too .. under system there is no time choice ... the closet thing to it is zipcode I've entered my zip code several times ... unplugged it for 10 mins pluged it back in and.. the time is still off.. #wtf#what the fix.

Bobmak
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is a 8124x Roku TV

TCL Model 40S325

Software Version 11.0.0 build 4193-48

Device ID RXS178422062

Shotgunshortie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I hope that you have a answer because under my account Info it gave Hisense support phone number... after calling them they said call roku... because there is NO option for CLOCK or TIMEZONE under system settings or advanced system settings

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Shotgunshortie

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the information that @RokuNimfa-C requested as well as a screenshot of your Systems page showing that the Time option is missing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos