Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no Mac address shown on my tlc Roku tv

I go to a university and this requires me to use a secret wifi network in order to connect certain devices such as a Roku tv. As part of the connection process the MAC address is required however in my system info page which is where I have seen it in other pictures people have posted it is not there. I am also unable to connect my Roku account because I can't connect to the internet.

The brand of tv is TLC.

As far as I can tell this is a unique problem because I have not seen it anywhere else and when I set up my friends TV's I did not have this problem.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: There is no Mac address shown on my tlc Roku tv

@Kingfisher1665 

There are a few different places you can try and find the MAC address of a Roku device/Roku TV.

The MAC addresses (both wireless and ethernet, if available) should be visible under Settings/System/About.

The MAC address that is available under Settings/Network/About will only display the MAC address of a connected device. (ie. if connected by wifi/wireless, will show the wifi MAC address.  If connected by wired, will show the ethernet MAC address.  If not connected at all, will not show a MAC address).

You can also see your wifi MAC address by going to Settings/Network/Setup Connection/Wireless and scrolling down to "Private Network".  (will display the wireless MAC address in an info box on screen).

----

If you do not see your MAC address in any of the above locations, there may be an issue with the wifi module on the RokuTV.  Sometimes a Factory Reset will work (press and hold reset button for 15-30 seconds) to resolve issue.  Other times, will need to physically replace the wifi module inside TV.

** If you perform the Factory Reset, make sure you have a working physical Roku remote available.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.