Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewsView
Streaming Star

Home Screen Lost Everything

Jump to solution

Anybody else have an issue with all ROKU devices forgetting your Home Screen lineup while still being signed in? 

I restarted all my ROKU devices (three different models) and still I am missing all my Home Screen content (channels). Not looking forward to having to reconfigure and re-sign into everything I lost.

I have been using ROKU for over a decade and never had this happened. 

Is anybody else having this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
NewsView
Streaming Star

Re: Over Half my apps are gone from home screen

Jump to solution

Same here. Three ROKU devices and one ROKU TV and 98% of my Home Screen disappeared overnight. I don't think it's because the apps (channels) were out of date. They replaced what I had with Spotify, Disney — neither of which I had originally — and a version of Netflix for which I am no longer signed in. Everything else is gone, including my TV service provider. (If I press the shortcut on the remote that once linked to my channel app, am asked to install the app.)

Is it possible that the ROKU server where the account data is stored has been hacked? I changed passwords but, of course, that did not restore my apps. Neither did restarting. For all intents and purposes it's like I was signed out or have a new device, yet I am still signed in and none of the devices are new. 

I'm not looking forward to reconfiguring everything as if I did a factory reset. Anybody know if this is a temporary glitch or will I have to re-do everything?

0 Kudos
NewsView
Streaming Star

Re: Home Screen Lost Everything

Jump to solution

@moderator Should this be posted over in the issue tracking board? I have a ROKU TV and three ROKU devices from as old as ROKU 3 to ROKU Ultra 4800-series. All the apps on my Home Screen have reset to a state where nothing is signed in and apps not originally in my lineup have replaced my Home Screen tiles. Even the shortcuts on the remote do not work because the corresponding apps (except for Netflix) are not installed. Restarting the devices doesn't do anything. Even my zip code information was lost but technically I am still signed in. Functionally, it is behaving as if I did a factory reset. Everything went from working to "erased" overnight.

Is this a service outage or a situation where I have to go in and set my devices up as if they were new?

0 Kudos
FUDGE-RKU
Reel Rookie

Re: Over Half my apps are gone from home screen

Jump to solution

Hello Janadee...

I reported our issue immediately on this message board.  I was not successful in getting a real person from ROKU to respond to this.  To troubleshoot on our own, we rebooted our router, rebooted the TV's and ROKU devices, and searched in the ROKU settings for any solutions there.  None of that fixed the issue.  We still have many apps missing and new ones are automatically added to our home screen that we don't want.  I even deleted these apps only to have them appear again.  We were also logged out of some of our apps that we use regularly.

We have been able to restore some of the apps that went missing, but we also cannot find some we had before.  You cannot even search for it.  It is MIA in your system.  This issue exists on all of our TV's, and interestingly, even when we install or delete an app on one TV, it may or may not show up on all of them. 

Whatever is happening inside ROKU is weird enough that it has us very concerned.  I have been hacked before and I'd rather not have to recover from that again.  Please, tell me what is going on!

Frustrated

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for reporting this issue! We're happy to assist and look into this further.

Please be aware that our team is currently aware of the issue. For troubleshooting steps: You can try the following steps with your remote control: Press the Home button (five times), then the Up button, followed by pressing Rewind (twice) and Fast Forward (twice). This should trigger an automatic restart of your Roku device.

If the issue is persistent, kindly provide us with the following details:

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Hero27 @FUDGE-RKU @NewsView,

We appreciate you bringing the issue with your Roku TV to our attention.

We'd like to follow up to see if you've tried the following steps with your remote control:

1. Press the Home button (five times)
  2. Up button
  3. Pressing Rewind (twice)
  4. Fast Forward (twice).
  5. This should prompt an automatic restart of your Roku device.

Additionally, please check your inbox as we're keen to assist you further with this issue. We're interested in knowing these details as they may enable us to help you resolve it. Thank you!

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NewsView
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

With all due respect, I have been using ROKU since the ROKU 3 debuted. I don't need instructions on how to restart the device.

I am writing this reply a week after the original post to indicate that every last ROKU in my house (Ultra series) and a ROKU TV just lost everything on the Home Screen AGAIN.

I have the microSD card installed in the ROKUs that support it. So how is it possible the entire device is wiped (factory reset?) without me going to the menu and resetting it myself?

After I did not get a timely reply last week to this question I set up all my ROKUs over again, signed into the apps and then 10 minutes ago every one of them lost my tiles/channels and is now in need of reconfiguration. 

As I asked the first time, how do I know this is not a hack? (I am aware of the news reports of the hacking against ROKU as of late but I was not among the accounts notified to change my password. Nevertheless last week I also changed my password.)

If it's not a hack, is it possible that someone on ROKU dev side is pushing through corrupt updates — similar to the AT&T outage a few months ago that was reportedly caused by the company pushing through a faulty update?

May I ask if a senior level moderator can refer this up the chain? I can't keep spending over an hour on re-configuration and then see it wiped again a week later.

NewsView
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@moderator

Bumping this topic.

I have no TV. The contents of my Home Screen on all ROKU devices and ROKU TV have been replaced with what looks to be the factory defaults. Rebooting the ROKU doesn't help. Must I go back to rabbit ears to have any TV service whatsoever?

0 Kudos
kgihring
Channel Surfer

ROKU TV 43R4A5R blank screen

Jump to solution

ROKU TV 43R4A5R worked fine this afternoon but this evening would only show a blank screen, except for the ROKU TV logo in the upper left corned and the time in the upper right corner.  Changing the volume with the remote also shows in the upper right corner but the rest of the screen is blank.  Went through all the online troubleshooting procedures but nothing changed.  As a last resort I initiated Recovery Mode.  The screen then showed the "ROKU" characters doing their "dance" for a few seconds, followed by a message saying to wait for connection.  That lasted a few more seconds and then the screen went blank again just as before.  I've requested and received an Issue ID but don't know what to do with it.

Roku TV model G845X

Serial Number X01200XJU776

S/W version 13.0.0

Issue ID 76-229-243

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU TV 43R4A5R blank screen

Jump to solution

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention and for elaborating it. We're happy to help you with this.

Kindly try performing the below steps to see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Power-cycle your Roku TV: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates: Go to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now.
  3. If possible, restart your Roku TV by going to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.

Additionally, for the last resort, kindly try a factory reset: Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. 

Note: We'll mark this post as solved, but if the instructions above don't resolve the issue for you, please let us know or reply to this thread for further assistance. We're here to help, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.