Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bloversimon
Reel Rookie

The automatic update of TCL 65R625 failed and error 004 was reported.

The automatic update of TCL 65R625 failed and error 004 was reported. The original system was 12.0.0, so I restored the factory settings. When activating the TV, it will automatically update the latest system. Then the update system reported an error, resulting in the current TV being unable to be activated. I used USB to update the system, but it was prompted that the file failed to open and needed to be retried. Changing the USB and formatting FAT32, NTFS, etc. could not be updated. Please give me a solution. If I cannot update to the latest system, can I activate the TV separately?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The automatic update of TCL 65R625 failed and error 004 was reported.

Hi @bloversimon,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching ou about this. Have it a try connecting to an alternative network like mobile hotspot and then try again to see if you're able to pass through the update.

Let us know how things turn out.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bloversimon
Reel Rookie

Re: The automatic update of TCL 65R625 failed and error 004 was reported.

First of all, thank you very much. I still can't update the system using the hotspot. I remember that before 65R625, I could enter the engineering mode of the TV through the remote control. Do you know how to enter it?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.