Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hamiltonlb

Tcl Roku tv stuck in reboot loop

All of a sudden this morning my tcl Roku tv shut off and on started to reboot then shut off again it’s been looping in this cycle all day. Won’t get past the tcl Roku tv screen before it shuts and repeats. I’ve unplugged for over 30 seconds and tried a different outlet. No power buttons on this model. Don’t know what else to do. 

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Fez817

Re: Tcl Roku tv stuck in reboot loop

Same thing happened to me this morning. From information I’ve gathered during some researching for the last few hours it appears they must have pushed out an update overnight that may have a glitch. I’ve come to the conclusion that we are out of luck until they realize this and patch their mistakes in a new software update. Hopefully it’s soon because I’m not a very patient person, lol. 

Pat1810

I’m having the same problem!   How will we know if there is a fix?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Welcome, and thank you for posting to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing to our attention the trouble you've encountered with your TCL Roku TV, which is stuck in a reboot loop.

We'd like to determine if your Roku TV restarts randomly before or after the update. Have you tried plugging the TV into a different power outlet? Is there an error message displayed before the TV restarts? When did the issue first occur?

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hamiltonlb

@RokuJechealR  As I stated above yes I’ve unplugged it multiple times and tried different outlets. There is no error message just the red start up screen then turns black shuts off and repeats. Mine started this yesterday 10/19. 

Pat1810

My issue started yesterday (Sat Oct 19).  I noticed Disney+ and Peacock apps would not work, they would begin to open and then shut down and take me back to Home Screen.

I checked if the apps needed updates, no

i checked if my TV needed update.  I noticed it had updated Friday evening (not sure the version)

I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps

i unplugged my TV for about 10min

I pushed the reset button on my TV.

My TV is in the loop of showing the red TCL Roku TV screen and then shutting off.  Has been doing that for the past 2 hours.

i can not shut it off.

0 Kudos
Hamiltonlb

@Fez817 Not sure how to receive a patch if it never starts. My remote app on my phone can’t connect because the tv never gets online. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.