Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajanderson

TV turning on and off by itself

The TV is turning on and off by itself. It’s acting like a new TV every time it comes back on. It needs to be set up again. It shuts itself off while I’m trying to set it up.

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV turning on and off by itself

Hi @ajanderson,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to take a closer look at your TV problem. What kind of device are you currently using? (Roku Express, Roku Streambar, and Roku TV) Is your TV turned on and plugged into a wall outlet right now? What steps have you taken to troubleshoot the issue so far?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RebecaW

My TV is the TCL Roku-475. When I first plugged it in and set it up, worked great for about 4 hours. Then it started flashing on and off for over 30 minutes, it was resetting itself every time, so I unplugged it. I plugged it back in yesterday afternoon, went through the set up. Again it worked fine for a few hours. Until it shut itself off again. And now this morning, it's back to being a new TV again. What can I do to fix this? #TCLROKU475

0 Kudos
Puxxlhd

<<<<<<<<<<<Auto response, pre-typed : they don't care,they got their's.....

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RebecaW @Puxxlhd,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku TV since it was turning off and on itself. We're happy to help you. Please try to restart your Roku TV by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos