Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrP1
Channel Surfer

Re: TV keeps freezing and restarting

None of these steps/tips provided work, My roku tcl tv has been doing this at least once a day since I bought it 3 yrs ago, and I know a few people with same issue.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @MrP1

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, and welcome with your first post.

We acknowledge the issue you've reported to us, and we want to collect more informaiton regarding this. Could you please provide the requested information from my post earlier in this thread? The details provided would help us determine the issue further.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hartcolby
Streaming Star

I have a onn ROKU TV. The model # is 10012589  ##last updated on 11/11/23. Please let me know if you need more information. Sorry it took so long to give an update on my TV but I have done all your recommendations and it still does it more than I even care to say I am about to though it in the trash and go it a firestick TV and see what that's about it my have the same issue idk but can't be as bad.. thanks for your time 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Hartcolby

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue, and we'd be pleased to assist. May we know when did this issue first occurred? Also, does this occur while accessing any channel/s in particular? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

We hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hartcolby
Streaming Star

I can't honestly tell you when this started it's been going on that long now and it's still going it's getting worse it seems by the day. And just to take note my mom and stepdad just got a new onn ROKU TV and it is doing the same thing mine is doing having to unplug and wait 30 seconds and plug it back in or longer. Or I have hard reset mine and there's that's not done anything to mine or there's. If you guys want my opinion I think there is a bug in your system either the hardware or something is overloading the TV's and freezing them up but that is just what I think the Roku team is ON it or says they are 🤔. I think it's time to go get a different TV and shoot this one about 100 times and call it a day! Because I don't know if they are going to fix it or not how long have you guys known of this issue? I'm sorry but ATM its been long enough and how many TV models do you guys now have to put this together? I have looked for an update but none as of yet. 

MrP1
Channel Surfer

I have already gone thru all of this with customer service etc multiple times, I just wanted to  throw in my 2 cents on the matter and how I believe that its the product all together and not just a few peoples issue

0 Kudos
saturn2
Binge Watcher

It seems common for roku tvs to have problems I recently got one back in September and it will randomly crash sometimes but they are ok, they just need more improvements 

0 Kudos
saturn2
Binge Watcher

I have an onn 24' inch I think, I got it back in September 2023, so not that long, it will randomly crash and restart and freeze, even tho the moment before it was working fine, and sometimes it doesn't even connect to Wi-Fi

Jackierr

My TCL Roku tv has been doing this for a while now and is worse by the day. I can’t even get 5 min into a show. It started only doing this while watching Netflix and has seeped into all other apps. Football game days are horrible and always end in being watched on phones. I’ve done all the steps. Roku needs some technical support for itself. Im going with Firestick, never heard a bad thing about them. 🤘🏻

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We regret to hear of any inconvenience that this may have caused you. How are you powering your Roku device? How far is your device from your network router? Have you restarted your network router for it to be reconnected to your Roku TV? Please be advised that the Roku device heavily depends on the Internet.

Kindly try using your cellular data also, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.