Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mister_CPR
Channel Surfer

Re: Useless Roku Live TV Channel Guide

Jump to solution

This would be easy IF there was a "Select All" to not show all of the channels, then you could easily de-select those you wanted as Favorites.  But in the greater scheme, we shouldn't have to develop work-arounds - and we wouldn't if the Roku development team would listen to their customers.  Sadly, this is the Rule in this day and age, not the Exception.

westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I agree with you, @Mister_CPR , that we shouldn't have to develop work-arounds to defeat the inane changes Roku makes to their TV Guide and other functions; but I was tired of searching for my Favorite channels under this new system. Yes, it took a long time to go through the hundreds of Roku streaming channels and put a check mark next to each one I wanted to "hide", but now I see only my Favorites in the Guide.

I'm still angry with Roku but at least now when I turn on my TV, I see a Guide populated with a few dozen channels instead of hundreds upon hundreds of channels in useless categories. 

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@westner  So, do you mean we can't Favorite channels, but have to hide all other channels, one at a time?

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@StevenCee, I wish one could 'hide' all channels at once and then 'unhide' just your Favorites. Unfortunately you have to do them one at a time. It took some time but to me it was worth it. My Guide is now populated by a couple of dozen channels instead of hundreds.

Mister_CPR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

did the same and have the Favorites list down to just a few.  But those few are still being show again in all of the other categories (Recommended, Movies, etc.) that you can't turn off.  Annoying!

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Mister_CPR, just select the Favorites or All Channels categories and all your 'unhidden' channels will appear as a group. The other categories will appear only if you scroll outside this group. 😊

0 Kudos
IHiJump
Streaming Star

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

You reported to Roku, RokuDanny-R... what did they say?  Are they going to fix their broken UI?

0 Kudos
IHiJump
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

And the "Favorites" is reset to the first channel.  This is completely useless.  Whenever I view a channel and return to the guide, the guide itself has been reset to "all channels" and then I have to revert back to my "Favorites", which then starts at the first channel. It is ludicrous and needs to be fixed. Favorites should be a permanent setting, not a single-use setting. I understand why they don't want to do it though. They want me to see the newly-added channels. I can do that whenever I want though. I want to set favorites and have it STAY on favorites. I don't want all the extra **bleep** until I decide I want it! That's the whole purpose of Favorites mode!!

Also, they've added a feature that "recommends" channels while I'm surfing the guide. These channels just appear in the guide at random times.  What I've noticed is, when I'm in favorites mode, the guide skips channels in both directions. I think this is an artifact of their "recommended" feature running in the background and being hidden because I'm in favorites mode. Yet another broken part of the UI. 

Roku has BROKEN live tv and needs to fix their S**T. This kind of **bleep** will push me to a Google TV real quick. 

westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@IHiJump, oh yes, they've been addressed directly many times but our pleas have fallen on deaf ears since August. I've suggested posting our complaints on other forums, such as Face book and Twitter to get Roku's attention.

jackalope
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Where exactly would a person do that?

0 Kudos