Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Live TV Guide reverts to All Channels

Jump to solution

@ZonexeroYep, that drives me crazy!  It goes from all channels, then once you scroll from the OTA channels to the streamed ones (which should show 1180 & then descend from there), it turns into Spanish!  And I can no longer even find the three Quest music channels, as they aren't listed under Music, or Entertainment!  And then sometimes it won't show any OTA channels! It's truly maddening, and a real life "you can't there from here"!  I can't believe they've chosen to ignore all the voices raised, I guess assuming everyone will just shut up and deal with it. And that's true, but only until we change streaming sources, or buy a new TV.....

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Re: new Live TV Guide is still annoying

Jump to solution

I tried hiding all channels in the Guide except for my Favorites a few days ago as per @mGol . It worked until Roku added 4 Spanish channels and about 30-40 other channels. This time the 'hiding' process didn't take as long since the new channels weren't checked and my Favorites were designated with a heart,

I'm willing to do this as long as it takes until Roku relents and gives us back our old TV Guide.

CitzenCain
Streaming Star

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

@Anonymous You seem to visit this forum just for an opportunity to b a jerk. What is it some kind of perverted passtime of yours ? 

Something to do in between kicking the dog and screaming at the neighborhood kids to 'get off your lawn' ?   

Mister_CPR
Channel Surfer

Useless Roku Live TV Channel Guide

Jump to solution

I whole-heartly agree with Mr. E's comment.  The "new and improved" Roku Live TV Channel Guide is nearly useless.  If I could disable some or all of the left-side categories then life would be much easier.

And sorry RokuDanny-R, your reply wasn't a solution - it passed the buck.  And that buck was passed nearly 3 months ago...what is the SOLUTION to our concern?

westner
Roku Guru

Re: Useless Roku Live TV Channel Guide

Jump to solution

You're absolutely right @Mister_CPR but I don't think that neither Roku nor @RokuDanny-R are following this thread. Maybe they'll respond more to negative reviews on other platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.

cwcheese
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@westner @Mister_CPR  I've actually held a twitter conversation with Roku support, laying out the use case and what we users are asking for. My impression is that they fully understand what I presented but are not going to really act on it.  Over a year ago they did this same thing and reverted to the previous guide menu, but now it seems they are committed to keeping it as-is.  😣

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@cwcheese, of course they're going to keep it because from their viewpoint the Guide is perfect. There's no use talking to Roku. It's the general population that has to be addressed that Roku doesn't pay attention to the pleas of the users about their lack of response to the mess they've created.

Maybe if Roku sees enough criticism about their treatment of its base on social media, they may respond.

Tophawk42

Jump to solution

I hate the guide as it is now. Why mess with a good thing the current guide is awful. They should give us an option to go back to the old guide. 

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Is labeling this topic as "Solved" some kind of sick joke? Obviously, if two and a half months later, everyone is still having to deal with this mess of a program guide, it is most certainly NOT SOLVED! Do Roku employees think their customers are all idiots?

When I hit the Recents tag, I at best only see ONE SHOW!  If this feature actually worked, it would at least be a big help, as my favorite channels would at least be able to be found somewhere, instead of the way it is now, where half the time it's IMPOSSIBLE to find the OTA channels, or even some of the Roku streamed channels! It was already laborious, navigating the channels by scrolling, scrolling, scrolling (especially since about 75% of the time the Voice function doesn't work), but to not even be able to find them at all, that's ridiculous, and needs to be addressed ASAP....

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@StevenCee, I will repost this:

@mGol, what a brilliant idea:

"The only solution I find that works is to hide all channels except the favorites."

It took a while but after "hiding" hundreds of channels, I got my Favorites back. That's all that shows up in the Guide now. Kudos,  @mGol .

That includes all OTA channels and Roku streamed channels.

0 Kudos