Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elketer
Channel Surfer

TV goes black when trying to open Plex

This is new.

I was watching a film on Plex earlier and when the film ended the app closed and the television went back to home screen.

I wanted to watch another film on Plex so I reopened the app and hit play on that film. My TV screen then went black but I could still hear sounds.

Obviously I freaked out and I started searching the web for ways to fix the black screen. Saw suggestions to unplug the TV for 10-15 minutes. Tried that, and what do you know, it worked!

Tried to open Plex again. Screen went black again.

My TV is currently unplugged. I'll check to see if it will open any other apps. But for now it's just Plex making my screen go black.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV goes black when trying to open Plex

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @elketer!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Worry no more; we would be more than willing to find you the best resolution.

Can you please try to check the other apps or channels on your Roku streaming device to see if it's being affected by this? Additionally, if this only happened on the Plex app, follow the troubleshooting method provided below:

• Remove the Plex app by highlighting it and pressing the Star (*) button
  • Restart your Roku device/TV from Settings > System > Power > System Restart
  • Reinstall the Plex app again. Select Channel Store > Search for the app > Click Add channel

Let us know if this resolves the playback issues you have been experiencing. We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
elketer
Channel Surfer

Wasn't able to get as far as deleting the app. After the one time I got it to come back on the screen never came back on.

I already bought another TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@elketer,

We really do appreciate you for taking the time to update us about this issue. If you also see this behavior occur on that TV. Please get back here and let us know.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.