Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaylin0507
Reel Rookie

TV flashes Roku but stays blank

When I left for work this morning, my by was on. When I got home I thought my husband tuned it off. I tried to turn it on, but it was already on just with a black screen. I have tried unplugging it plugging it back in. I have also tried the reset. It will flash the Roku start up screen, but then goes black a second later. Please help! #blackscreen #wontstay #flashesroku

12 REPLIES 12
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: TV flashes Roku but stays blank

Hi @Kaylin0507

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We're here to help you get back to streaming on your Roku TV. Have you tried to unplug the Roku TV for 10 -15 minutes from the power source and then plug it back in to see if there's any difference?

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

Kaylin0507
Reel Rookie

Yes  I have tried that. Leaving it unplugged for a few hours, plugging it back in, still nothing. Tried holding reset on back and it will flash Roku then go black.... 

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @Kaylin0507 
Welcome to the Roku Community!
We totally understand that you're having an issue with streaming on your Roku TV, let's work on it.
We would like to know, after you've turned on your TV and it flashes then goes black, is there any way to shine a flashlight on the screen to see if the display is on or not?
Please keep us posted and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you.
Regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kaylin0507
Reel Rookie

How can I tell by using flashlight? 

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @Kaylin0507
Thanks for the update! 

We're here to help you get back to streaming on your Roku TV. Please make sure to power on your Roku TV using the power button itself. Let's check on the screen to see if the display is on or not with a flashlight.
Keep us posted so we can further investigate your issue.
Warm regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LadyC90

I’m having the same issue. I’m using my flashlight and I can see the screen what do I do next to fix the issue where I can see my screen normal again?

0 Kudos
CaryMan
Reel Rookie

My TCL 43S433 started having the same problem today.  Just about 18 months old, no extended warranty.  YES.... I chatted with TCL Support.  No warranty available... SOL.  I can play a DVD and get the audio thru the TV speakers via ARC HDMI which kicks in the correct input automatically via a sensed signal from the dvd player.  Thank goodness for that.  No way to see the navigation to the input source via the TCL screen.

Long story short... the image engine is working; the audio engine is working.   The LED Backlight lighting engine is working for a momentary flash and then goes black and shuts off.

There are parts available on EBay... All I'm trying to figure out is : What is bad. What part number or board do I need to order and I will open and fix the thing myself.

Knowledge.... knowledge is all I'm wanting.  Who knows what is the actual item(s) that are at fault.  Otherwise, I've been renting a television for about $17 a month from TCL.

0 Kudos
MJackson1

"Turn it on and off", "reset", "use a flashlight"! Come on! We've all DONE all these things already! This is obviously a very common issue!

This is ridiculous, and I am getting outraged. This is less than a week after I REPLACED another RCA TV! That one just started randomly exhibiting screen glare and a strange spreading pixelation. I gave up and exchanged it! It was a slightly different model.

This new one is still exhibiting a blank screen, and occasionally displays Roku, sometimes it now displays the home display - but does not respond to my controller, then goes blank again. The remote also doesn't work.

Roku NEEDS to offer better help with fixing this problem, if it is even fixable! HELP!!

RCA use to be known for quality electronics! I'm now longing for a good old fashioned MONITOR that I can just plug things into so that it will WORK!! Smart TVs seem to be nothing but trouble and glitches!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

RCA hasn't been a company for many years.  It's merely a trademark that gets sold every so often and used on various products to fool people into believing they're getting something from the original company.

That being said, I don't think there's anything Roku can do about it except not putting their name on shoddy electronics.  "RCA" would be the best place to get help since they made the TV.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos