Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenamm

TCL/Roku TV with coax only cable box. Lost channels.

This is my elderly Aunt's setup. She's lost "antenna" channels a few times on her Cogeco cable with coax only output. I can usually get them back with a reset/rescan. But this known issue is annoying.

Am I correct in assuming that if she upgrades to a cable box with hdmi output, that will solve this lost channel issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL/Roku TV with coax only cable box. Lost channels.

Hi @kenamm,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are concerned about getting your local channels after successfully scanning channels on your antenna. You can try to change your power-on options in the settings to be prompted directly to your last watch.

You can follow the steps below to fix this concern:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. System
  3. Power
  4. Power on
  5. Set to Live TV or Last used TV input.

Also, if you don't see the antenna shortcut tile on your home screen, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.