Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeniferD

TCL Roku TV volume control has stopped working

TCL Roku TV, using only TV speakers. Volume control has stopped working entirely. Using the Roku remote, all other functions work just fine. The volume control, to increase, decrease, or mute is not working at all. This set has no external controls, so I also downloaded the RokControl app. Again, all functions work fine except for volume control. Reset the TV, unplugged it, etc. My TV is screaming loud, but I can’t figure out a way to fix it! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV volume control has stopped working

Hello @JeniferD

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Jimbee

I have the same issue with my 4K stick I have tried all the potential fixes with no luck.  If I go into settings and setup the remote for a different tv then setup back to my tv (Panasonic ZT65) the volume and mute work correctly for a little while then stop working again.  All other remote functions work just fine.  To me it seems like there is possibly an issue with the stick loosing the tv volume/mute code functions.  When I first purchase the 4k stick the all functions of the remote worked perfect then roughly 4 months later the volume and mute functions stop working.   Yes, I have tried new batteries no change.

0 Kudos
Tick71
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tick71,

Thank you for the first post to the Roku Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.