Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karmutt
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL Roku TV freezing 15 seconds after startup (not a startup loop situation)...

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if others will be able to get the information you are asking for. Our problem is that we only have about 15 seconds to do anything before the TV freezes up. Some people may not be able to access the info you're asking for in that span of time.

My info is as follows:

Device - 50UP120 / Hardware ID - 6110X / Serial # YW004E818518 / Software 11.5.0 / Build 4312-22 / Device ID - 6X9004818518

Issue ID - 18-470-764 / Timestamp 2022-11-23T22:04:30Z

Steps to reproduce the issue...??? Imagine you have turned on your computer. It boots up. You can use your mouse or touchpad to move around the screen for roughly 15 seconds. Then the computer freezes up. It's not your mouse or touchpad that's the problem (or, in this case, the remote control). It's not your internet connection. It's not the hardware components. It's the OS.

This is what is happening. I can turn the TV on, but after roughly 15 seconds, it freezes up. It's as simple as that. 

When you escalate this issue, please include all of my previous posts. I have been very detailed in those.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV freezing 15 seconds after startup (not a startup loop situation)...

Jump to solution

@karmutt 

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@karmutt 

Thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue.

For clarification, what devices are connected in your home setup? If you have other devices connected into your setup, we would recommend disconnecting all of the devices and then restarting your TV to see if you are still experiencing the issue. If the issue is resolved, we would then recommend adding each of your devices back again to see if which device may be causing the issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djparekh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tried it, no devices connected and did not solve the problem. What is your next useless solution?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @djparekh,

Thanks for sharing your observation.

We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience with your TCL Roku TV. We are currently aware of the issue and our appropriate team working diligently to resolve the issue. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djparekh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It has been 4 months since this issue was flagged. How much longer am I supposed to wait? Also, this is the first time someone actually even acknowledged that this is an issue and that you are working on it. This is absolutely terrible customer service. Am I just supposed to sit with a dead TV for 6 months?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@djparekh 

Thanks for the follow up. We appreciate your patience while we looked into the manner.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue. At this time, we would recommend contacting your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My TCL 75s421 did the same thing. The problem with mine was in the wifi board. I unplugged it and then the tv didn't reboot no more and worked normally except no wifi untill I replaced the wifi board. Now works just like new.

0 Kudos
Keiser

Roku tv freezing Error code 023.1

Jump to solution

Error code 023.1 my tv indicates all software is up to date. Still have the problem of blue screen displaying high sense then black screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku tv freezing Error code 023.1

Jump to solution

Hi @Keiser

Thanks for keeping in touch!

The "blue screen of death" is frequently resolved by power cycling a television.

If your Hisense TV is stuck on the black screen of death, you must reset it. After unplugging your television, wait 60 seconds before pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds. After 60 seconds, reconnect your Hisense TV and it should operate.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos