Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TCL Roku TV - Stuck in Headphone Mode

How did you get out of headphone mode and get into the regular mode that it suppose to be in. Please Reply back ASAP !! Thanks, Mahalia 

0 Kudos

LIST THE STEPS HOW TO GET BACK YOUR TV SPEAKERS. THANKS, MAHALIA 

0 Kudos

Did it came out of headphone mode and it went back to the regular built-in tv speaker. Does it matter what kind of screwdriver that you used. 

0 Kudos
Kabul
Reel Rookie

I have just been thru this exact same thing. I used the headphone jack to take the audio to an amplifier and then to play it thru speakers on the wall.

I tried everything that I had seen in the different posts online on this subject and none of them worked for me. I ended up taking it to the repair shop where they informed me it was a mother-board fault. This cost $284 to repair and the tV only cost $500 in the first place so it was touch and go whether I did it or not. In the end I decided to go ahead with it.

I got it back from the repair shop and now the headphone jack doesn't work at all however I do have audio from the TV speakers. 

This TV is currently $480 at Walmart, my best suggestion is use a work-around such as using your phone or tablet for private listening and that way you can direct the audio from your mobile device. Either that or buy a new one. 

Incidentally, I called TCL and the people on the other end of the phone didn't have a clue what to do. It is just non-tech people reading answers from a script. They don't know what you are talking about and it will leave you really frustrated. 

Kenny

Michi69

@cadustin wrote:

I did this and it worked. I did not break anything. I also figured out if you have Directv, you can plug the RCA cables in there so you don't have to use the headphone jack.

I was having the same problem, but honestly-all I did was smack the remote where the headphone jack is, against my phone a couple of times and it knocked it out of headphone mode! Huzah! Sound coming through my sound bar again : ) 

YsFred4

You can also use the remote in the Roku app and then turn headphone mode on and then back off. That works for me. 

I fixed mine using the app to toggle on headphones and heard the TV through my phone and then turned it off and full audio working. I have mine running through my receiver using optical out cable. 

Jimshady

So my tv was stuck on headphone mode. After checking some posts here I giggled the jack with a small screw driver... And then the jack just broke.

The easiest thing I did was disassembled the back and removed the circuit board. Took a paper clip and connected 2 points in the back of the board. Switched on TV. I think it was labelled "HP Grnd" and another "HP something" forgot which one. And the sound came on. 

Although I can't use a headphone now, it's still working on TV speakers. It was 1 year old, kids' room.... So saved $. But the HP jack is fragile. 

Hope this helps. 

Tacoma20
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem. What is the solution?  I haven’t seen one posted. 

Had this same issue. Husband plugged headphones into the headphone jack, and then couldn’t switch back to TV speakers. 

OUR SOLUTION: the typical IT response. Turn it off (and unplug it), then turn it back on. 

I tried by just turning it off and back on, but that didn’t work. I guess the unplugging is crucial. 
Hope this helps someone else!