Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kountry83
Channel Surfer

TCL Roku TV 6102x not activating after factory reset.

The time stopped working recently with a new update so most of my apps wouldn't work because the time was wrong on my TCL Roku TV 6102x. So I did a factory reset and tried to sign in to activate and it will not send me an email or qr code to activate. I've tried wired network and 3 different wireless networks. Reset my router and still no email. What is up with the software support for Roku? Now I have a paper weight. I did a Issue report tracker.

ID 81-510-213

Please help.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV 6102x not activating after factory reset.

Hi, @Kountry83

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. Have you tried using a different email address to activate your Roku TV? Also, we recommend resetting your Roku TV once more and re-activate it again.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kountry83
Channel Surfer

I've tried all three of my emails. I can get emails, like this reply, just fine. I factory reset again last night. No qr code and no email. Ever since it updated to 12.5.5 it's very buggy. Never had an issue until this update. Seems like I'm not the only one.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Kountry83,

Thanks for the quick update!

If you haven't checked your spam folder, we would recommend doing so. Your internet service provider (ISP) or email client (e.g., Gmail, Outlook, etc.) may block emails from unrecognized senders, placing these messages in a spam (or junk) folder. But if you haven't seen one, Please reply back here and share with us the details below.

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with the information including the ID).
  • If possible, could you share with us a screenshot of the issue you're seeing?

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kountry83
Channel Surfer

I've checked my trash over 10 times I've tried this with each email.

Model: 55US5800

Serial: YW00AC255481

Hardware ID: 6102x

Device ID: 54900A255481

Software Ver.: 12.5.5 build 4174-22

Tracker ID: 81-511-033

0 Kudos
Kountry83
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Kountry83,

Thanks for the update!

I'll share this with the right team for further investigation. Once we have information available, we'll make sure to get back here and let you know how things turn out.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kountry83
Channel Surfer

Thank you because right now it won't allow me to do anything. This is ridiculous you have to sign in to activate a TV. Never had this issue before and I've had this TV since 2017 or 2018.

0 Kudos
Kountry83
Channel Surfer

Update!

As of today I've been in contact with Roku customer service and they still haven't solved my issue. They actually stopped responding. I've sent them everything they have told me to send and do. Logs, pictures, videos of the issue, and very precise information on what it's doing. This all happened after the new 12.5.5 ota update that has a bug and is happening to a lot of users because they actually admitted it. I don't understand how they know this is an issue and haven't solved it. 

Thanks a lot for an expensive, very large paper weight.

0 Kudos
Kountry83
Channel Surfer

Another weeks down. Still nothing? This is ridiculous that as big as this company is y'all can't figure out what the update did to a lot of customers TVs. This will probably be the last Roku device I get. My 3 other TVs I have are Android and I don't have this issue. I can login to my account with no problems update after update.

0 Kudos