Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chriscmm
Binge Watcher

TCL Roku TV 55R625 Youtube app doesn't support 5.1 surround

Can anyone tell me why when streaming Youtube video, such as this 5.1 test: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hms13TzTlVo&t=1s That it's doesn't seem to support 5.1 on my implementation: TCL Roku TV 55R625, Denon x3800H AVR, passing all audio via eARC to Denon AVR? It seems the Surround 5.1 functionality is not supported on the YouTube app and the YouTube app's setting doesn't include the Surround 5.1 feature/switch.

All other app such as Netflix, Prime, HBO MAX, Apple TV pass the 5.1 brilliantly. 

On my Roku TV YouTube app, there is not a 5.1 Surround option.  I did watch another 5.1 test video that showed a picture of the settings where this switch should be.  It's clearly missing on my implementation. I have all the other settings, vid quality, subtitles, etc.  I did check for latest update which I am running.

According to some this is supported on Samsung TV.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.