Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herio22

TCL ROKU turning off automatically

Hi All:

I have a TCL Roku TV Model: 43S435 and I am trying to use it to play brown noise all night while we sleep (through attached speakers). I've tried it with YouTube and a ROKU app for sounds. I start the sounds and then hit the star button and select turn off picture. I have disabled fast start and cleared the checkbox that says turn off automatically after 4 hours but it still does it. I have done a full restart and verified that it is up to date on firmware.

Is there something I'm missing or is this a firmware issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL ROKU turning off automatically

@herio22 

The RokuTVs have two power savings features/settings. 

Settings/Network/Bandwidth Saver

Settings/System/Power/Auto Power Savings

-----

Keep in mind some channels/apps may still stop streaming due to their own features  even if you have both of the above Disabled in your Roku settings.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
mhowie
Reel Rookie

Mine suffers from this bug as well. It’s a recent TCL Roku TV and, interestingly, within the Settings menu only has the first of the two setting options as noted by AvsGunnar (the two again pasted below for reference).

1) Settings/Network/Bandwidth Saver

2) Settings/System/Power/Auto Power Savings

0 Kudos
Sue54

Turn off automatic renewal on my all my accounts

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sue54,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us here regarding your concern. Can you please clarify the issue you're referring to so that we may be able to provide you with the most accurate resolution possible?

We are looking forward to your response!

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mhowie
Reel Rookie

It could be related to the bug in the TCL Roku TVs as noted within this thread. I recently posted and have not received an answer that would correct. All the required details could be found within this thread. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.