Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL R655 VRR delayed audio from tv speakers

Hi @Spyke8x,

Thank you for posting here on the Roku community!

We're sorry you've been having an issue with the delayed audio from TV speakers.
Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup? 

When did this issue first start occurring?
What setting do you have selected in Settings > Audio > Audio mode

Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo or Auto?
We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
abbasmamdani
Binge Watcher

Hi Anjelie,

The issue persists for me regardless of what option I select. This seems more like a software issue rather than a hardware issue and only exists when variable refresh rate is enabled. 

0 Kudos
Spyke8x
Reel Rookie

Hi Anjelie,

Just like how abbasmamdani posted above it only occurs with the VRR setting on for the input. I’ve tried all combinations of audio settings. It occurs with just the TV speakers but if I attach a soundbar it also will have the delay. The only way to remove the delay is to turn off the VRR setting for the input. This started occurring immediately after purchasing and setting up the TV as my R655 came with Roku OS 12

0 Kudos
abbasmamdani
Binge Watcher

Hi Anjelie, it's been about 3 weeks since my initial post and I still haven't got any answers as to what is causing this issue or if you guys are in the process of fixing this. Any update would greatly be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,
Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community.
We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the problem you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. 

We are looking forward to your response.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
abbasmamdani
Binge Watcher

• Model Number: 55R655, Hardware ID:J101X, Serial Number: X021003VKNFT, Software Version: 12.0.0 build 4184-DK
  • This issues occurs on my PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X when VRR is enabled.
  • Issue Tracker ID: FT-272-295
  • Enable VRR on a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X and play a game to notice an audio delay.
  • Issue started since updating to Roku OS version 12.0.
0 Kudos
Spyke8x
Reel Rookie

Just received Roku OS 12.5 update and with my initial testing it seems to have finally fixed this VRR audio delay issue on my R655!!!

Just posting here for visibility as finally being able to use VRR on this TV is amazing.

0 Kudos
abbasmamdani
Binge Watcher

Same here unfortunately os 12.5 broke some other apps 😂.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @abbasmamdani,

Thanks for the feedback about this update and for keeping the Roku Community posted.

We'd like to know more about some behavior or changes you've mentioned on some other app. Could you tell us more about this? What are the apps that seem to have a problem?

Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
abbasmamdani
Binge Watcher

Hi @RokuERey so I’m having issues with two specific apps one is the Spectrum TV app which after a couple minutes of use crashes when you press the home button. The other app I’m having an issue with is Plex which is having general slowness since the update as well as a weird issue with subtitle position as shown in the images below. The top is Plex and the bottom is Disney plus. Obviously on a show with black bars it’s not noticeable but on full screen shows it’s very noticeable. All issues described persist after reinstalling the apps and factory reset.

IMG_5443.jpegIMG_5444.jpeg

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.