angar

Surround sound for Roku tv?

I was thinking about buying the wireless roku speakers to put behind the couch. I already have a sound bar except it’s not a roku sound bar so I wasn’t sure if they’d all work together…

Recommendations on what I should do? I’m not looking to run wires everywhere

Also, I know nothing about surround sound.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Surround sound for Roku tv?

Hi @angar,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for the inquiry!

We would recommend taking a closer at some of our support information here: 

1. How to set up a Roku surround sound system
  2. How to set up your Roku wireless speakers

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Surround sound for Roku tv?

1. Check Your TV's Audio Output: First, identify the audio output options on your Roku TV. Most modern TVs have HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel), optical, or 3.5mm headphone jack outputs. HDMI ARC is preferable for high-quality audio.

2. Choose a Surround Sound System: Decide on the type of surround sound system you want. Options include soundbars, home theater systems, or A/V receivers with separate speakers. The choice depends on your preferences, budget, and the space available.

3. Connect the Surround Sound System:

• If you're using a soundbar, connect it to the TV using HDMI ARC or an optical cable. HDMI ARC is preferable as it allows for both audio input and output on the same cable.
    • For a home theater system or A/V receiver, connect it to the TV using HDMI ARC, optical, or HDMI. Ensure the selected input on the sound system matches the port used on the TV.
  4. Configure Audio Settings on Roku TV:

• Access the Roku TV settings and navigate to the audio settings.
    • Select the appropriate audio output (HDMI ARC, optical, etc.) that matches the connection to your surround sound system.
  5. Test the Configuration:

• Play content on your Roku TV and ensure that the audio is coming through the surround sound system. You may need to adjust the volume settings on both the TV and the surround sound system to achieve the desired balance.
  6. Calibrate Surround Sound Settings (if available):

• Some surround sound systems have calibration features that optimize audio based on your room's acoustics. Follow the instructions in your system's manual to calibrate the settings for the best audio experience.
  7. Enjoy Surround Sound:

• Once everything is set up and configured, you should be able to enjoy a richer audio experience with surround sound while watching movies, TV shows, or playing games on your Roku TV.

Always refer to the user manuals of your Roku TV and surround sound system for specific instructions, as the steps may vary based on the models. If you encounter any issues, the manufacturer's customer support is a valuable resource for troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.