Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starranger62
Channel Surfer

Streaming Channels don't work on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Turned on my Roku TV to watch NetFlix. Got a blank screen. Went to YouTube and screen still blank. Same with Pluto, Amazon Prime and Vudu. Went to Roku Channel to watch Live TV. Live channels work fine. First time this had ever happened. Turned TV off, then on, still the same. Owned my Roku TV, "TCL" brand, S-Series for several years. Contacted Roku Support. Help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
starranger62
Channel Surfer

Re: Streaming Channels don't work on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Fixed problem by doing a "Software Update". Go to Settings, them scroll to "Software Update" All streaming channels back to normal.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @starranger62

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

We recommend restarting your Roku TV, Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart and unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plug it back in to resolve the issue. If the issue still persists, we would recommend you contact the TV manufacturer for the issue. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
starranger62
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Fixed problem by doing a "Software Update". Go to Settings, them scroll to "Software Update" All streaming channels back to normal.

0 Kudos
starranger62
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Karla;

Fixed problem by doing a "Software Update" instead.

0 Kudos
Mbed0119
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, my Roku isn’t allowing me to stream Prime Video, it allows me to select a movie/show, then gives an error message “Something went wrong. Please try again later. For more help go to, amazon.com/videohelp. 

I’ve uninstalled, then reinstalled the Prime App! I unplugged my Roku. I’ve also, restarted and updated my Roku. Nothing is working. I can stream Prime on my Computer and Phone, so the Prime App isn’t the issue. Can someone please assist. This is the 2nd night in a row, that it isn’t working. 

Thanks in advance!

Mbed0119
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. My issue hasn’t been resolved. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuKarla  Your instructions say to do a System restart, then unplug it for 15/20 minutes? Won't turning it off, and unplugging it be considered a restart? Or do we do the restart, then turn it off again, and unplug it?

0 Kudos
Colleenj

Jump to solution

Mine isn’t working either keeps going back to the Home Screen

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is exactly my issue. I have done a restart, system factory reset, uninstalled amazon prime and installed it back. unplugged the tv, everything. It was working a couple of weeks ago. I can click on the amazon video app and it brings it up and opens it but when I click on something to watch it turns and turns then says something went wrong, error message. It has to be something with Roku. My Netflix works fine and my amazon prime video works fine on my phone. Someone needs to help!!!! this is very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Trouble88,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue, but will need more information.

Could you possibly be more explicit about the issue you're experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages?

Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • screenshot of what is being shown on screen

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos