Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gillesC
Streaming Star

Streambar Roku Recovery Mode (Bricked?)

Woke up this morning and saw the light flashing red/green on the streambar.

Turned the TV on and no signal, so I power cycled the unit. At first it said wait to finish update or something like that. Now it just lands on Roku Recovery Mode. It doesn't respond to the remote, and holding the reset for ten secs. just returns it to the recovery screen. Looks like I'm dead in the water.

Labels (1)
17 REPLIES 17
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar Roku Recovery Mode (Bricked?)

Hi @gillesC 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding your Roku Streambar stuck in recovery mode. 

Have you tried performing a factory reset by pressing and holding down the reset button for 30 seconds, regardless of what is happening on screen?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device

Please keep us posted what you find out and if you still need assistance with your Roku audio product, we will be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gillesC
Streaming Star

Still no good. The only difference is the light in the front of the unit goes to green, instead of red, how it shows if I just plug it in without pushing the reset.

And I can't click through the select language part anyway because I reset the remote also. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @gillesC 

Thanks for the follow up regarding your Roku Streambar not functiontioning.

We would be more than happy to assist you further with your device. Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? Once we have that information, we will be able to pass it along to our Support team who can aid you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gillesC
Streaming Star

S/N:2A10A4312185

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @gillesC 

Thanks for getting back to me regarding your Roku Streambar and providing us with your device information.

Please be aware that I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gillesC
Streaming Star

Nope, they never got back to me. Why should I shell out any money for something that doesn't last for 1 1/2 years?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@gillesC 

Thanks for following up. 

We've followed up on your concern with our Support team. If you don't hear from them within the next 1-2 business days, please feel free to reach out again and I'll make sure you are taken care of.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
gillesC
Streaming Star

Well, I have not heard anything from anyone.

0 Kudos
gillesC
Streaming Star

Okay, so be it. First I hade a Roku subwoofer that died, the power board had 120VAC input, and both DC outputs were 0VDC. Now this thing, not a tremendous dollar amount, but still, they use very cheap China parts, and who knows what these updates to the firmware do? My Stream bar is stuck on Recovery mode, after it says "Please keep device plugged in until we finish updating, this may take a bit" Now what should I think about that?

0 Kudos