I just bought a new Streambar and cannot figure out how to get the red power button on ROKU remote to turn on/off the TV along with the Streambar
TV is a basic Insignia NS-32E440A13 (not a "smart tv"). CEC settings on TV set as follows:
- Device Auto Power is set to On (turns off the connected devices when you turn off your TV)
- TV Auto Power is set to On (turns on your TV when you turn on the connected device)
1) Both TV and Streambar were shut off, power removed, then power reconnected. TV comes on, ROKU spash screen, then Streambar goes to Home screen. But, the Red Power button on ROKU remote will not turn off the TV or the Streambar.
2) A voice command of "system off" using Roku remote turns off the TV (cannot tell if Streambar is off though). Then, pressing any button (except red power button) on Roku remote will turn on TV, with Streambar having performed whatever function maps to the button that I pressed.
The Red Power button on ROKU remote still will not turn off the TV or the Streambar.
3) Thinking maybe that the red Power button on ROKU remote works with IR instead of WiFi, I went to Settings - Remotes&Devices - Remotes - VoiceRemote - SetUpRemoteForTVControl. When I tried to input "Insignia" as TV brand, it would not take it. I got "This entry is not recognized as a supported brand". I also tried to input "LG" and "Toshiba" and got the same message.
So...........how do I set up the Streambar so the red Power button on ROKU remote turns the system on and off?