autumn87
Channel Surfer

Unsure if my subwoofer is working

Jump to solution

Hi there I’ve had a subwoofer for a month or two along with the wireless Roku tv sound bar. I’m unsure if I’m getting bass from the subwoofer.

Roku Wireless Subwoofer

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unsure if my subwoofer is working

Jump to solution

Welcome, @autumn87.

Thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community!

We acknowledge that you are experiencing an issue with your Subwoofer's bass capability and assure you that we're here to provide the necessary assistance.

Have you tried evaluating the location of your Subwoofer? If not, you may try the following tips to see if your bass is being used to its full potential. 

After setting up your subwoofer in the initial possible location, play a song or movie with a substantial bass and return to your couch to listen attentively. With the following guidelines, assess the sound quality in this position.

• Too much bass: Sound waves reflect off other surfaces, especially a flat surface like a wall. If you hear too much bass, try moving your Subwoofer 6 to 12 inches away from the wall or other surface.
  • Not enough bass: If you love bass, try placing your Subwoofer in a corner or closer to a wall. This typically produces louder bass.

image.png

Repeat the test with your Subwoofer placed in each of the other potential locations, evaluating the sound using the same song or movie each time. Remember to experiment with each location, moving your Subwoofer a couple of feet one way or the other at each potential location.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you need more assistance. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unsure if my subwoofer is working

Jump to solution

Welcome, @autumn87.

Thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community!

We acknowledge that you are experiencing an issue with your Subwoofer's bass capability and assure you that we're here to provide the necessary assistance.

Have you tried evaluating the location of your Subwoofer? If not, you may try the following tips to see if your bass is being used to its full potential. 

After setting up your subwoofer in the initial possible location, play a song or movie with a substantial bass and return to your couch to listen attentively. With the following guidelines, assess the sound quality in this position.

• Too much bass: Sound waves reflect off other surfaces, especially a flat surface like a wall. If you hear too much bass, try moving your Subwoofer 6 to 12 inches away from the wall or other surface.
  • Not enough bass: If you love bass, try placing your Subwoofer in a corner or closer to a wall. This typically produces louder bass.

image.png

Repeat the test with your Subwoofer placed in each of the other potential locations, evaluating the sound using the same song or movie each time. Remember to experiment with each location, moving your Subwoofer a couple of feet one way or the other at each potential location.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you need more assistance. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.