Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimSinSD
Reel Rookie

Streambar Pro doesn't retain my credentials

I have an issue with the fact that the Streambar Pro doesn't retain my credentials when it is powered off. That means any blip in the power forces me to re-enter all the credentials, choose channels, check email for activation email, etc. I just installed my new Streambar yesterday.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Streambar Pro doesn't retain my credentials

Hi @JimSinSD

We're here to help!

We would recommend performing a factory reset on your Streambar Pro to see if that will make a difference. To do this, feel free to follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions

For more information, you can visit this link: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JimSinSD
Reel Rookie

Kariza:

Thanks. I have done a factory reset as requested. It's my third factory reset so far, in 24 hours. The device is currently working properly. 

I just used the power button on the remote to turn the soundbar off. When I used my HTC (cable company remote, my primary remote) the tv and soundbar both came on. 

I need to know if the Streampro will retain my credentials if the power goes out -- the way that every single other device in the house does. The only way I can think to test that is to unplug the soundbar power cord and plug it back in. Would you agree?

Jim

I've also tried your chat function on this problem. The first two just ended the chat, and the third asked me for a screenshot of the problem. By the time I did that and got back, that chat was ended too.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@JimSinSD

Thanks for the reply.

Yup! To test if the Streambar Pro is working properly, we would recommend unplugging it and then plugging it back in. If the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number of your device. It can be found in Settings > System > About

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
JimSinSD
Reel Rookie

That appears to have worked. I'll come back if I have any further problems, but for now it seems to have been solved. Thanks. 

Jim

0 Kudos
JimSinSD
Reel Rookie

It's going back. My wife touched the volume button and the volume completely died. All remotes. Just not worth the trouble. 

I feel like this isn't really a soundbar, but a way for you guys to get a Roku device into my home.

Jim

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JimSinSD

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos