Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tbrew11
Reel Rookie

Re: Strange Dolby/+ issue on TCL 6 series

I can’t even count how many times I’ve had to resubmit the same information as I’ve been dealing with this issue daily for the past year. What can Roku do to compensate the struggles that we’ve had with this TV? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@noah82 @chidude

Thanks for the follow up and providing me with your details.

I have passed along your concerns to and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update in this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@noah82 @chidude

Thanks for the follow up and providing me with your details.

I have passed along your concerns to and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update in this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
noah82
Channel Surfer

Danny, it has been several weeks since you submitted the information to the development team.  Has there been any update from them?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@noah82

Thanks for the follow up.

I currently do not have any updates to provide at this time. Rest assured, once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
noah82
Channel Surfer

Danny,

I have had to rediscover HDMI CEC devices 4 times in the past 2 days when I noticed that the audio sounded terrible due to it downgrading to stereo.  This bug has been present for well over a year now.  This needs to be given higher priority.  Can you please escalate this to the appropriate team?  I am getting very close to selling this TV and abandoning the entire TCL/Roku platform for good.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@noah82

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the issue that was originally reported was occurring on an OS that is no longer up to date. If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrswart
Reel Rookie

I bought a LG OLED a few months back and sold the TCL. Haven't had to do this song and dance at all since then on the new hardware. Now I see the support has suggested you open a new issue - I think you have your answer as to how to proceed.

0 Kudos
Dougomite

Just for the SEO that got me here I'm gonna restate my issue:
TCL 6 series no 5.1 over ARC.

I'm still running into this same issue. I had noticed that the 5.1 sometimes wasn't working but I never dived into it until I picked up some new game systems this week and started to notice the missing audio very much.

TCL 6-series R646
Model: A108X - Roku TV
Software Version: 12.0.0 build 4182-88
ID CX-325-305

Just as described by everyone else, I have my Vizio soundbar connected to the ARC port. Everything in the settings shows the soundbar and the eARC as active, but I don't get 5.1 sound only stereo. Restarting, choosing Restart in the System menu, didn't fix it but refreshing the CEC list got it working again. I grabbed my tracker ID right after I ran the CEC browse and heard the 5.1 audio playing again.

Thanks everyone for a workaround for the issue since it doesn't seem like the cause has been fixed. I'll report back if I can find reproducible steps to cause the issue.

0 Kudos