Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TedM1
Reel Rookie

Star Trek Strange New Worlds won't stream

Jump to solution

Using TCL Roku TV. Subscribed to Paramount + through my Roku account. Star Trek Strange New Worlds won't stream. Program stops while loading and eventually goes to a screen that says, "Content Unavailable. The content you are trying to play is unavailable. Please try again later." This is true no matter which episode I choose. This is also true for other shows as well - Picard, Halo. - all freeze while loading and end with the same error message.Here's the kicker - its ONLY those - ALL OTHER TV series and movies on Paramount + work perfectly - load, play, no problem. If I select Beavis and Butthead or Lost city, or even Star trek Discovery, they play fine. What gives?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TedM1
Reel Rookie

Re: Star Trek Strange New Worlds won't stream

Jump to solution

looks like I have solved the problem.

As suggested by Danny (thanks!), I contacted Paramount+ directly.

Contacting them turned out to be very difficult as their automated chatbot was unhelpful and they have their customer service phone number deeply hidden (it is 1-888-274-5343).

The rep did two things - first the standard 'unplug your TV for 30 seconds, etc.' which i have tried a dozen times before with no success.

Second (and most important) the rep said she cleared and re-entered my information AT HER END! This is what worked - after she corrected my info at her end, bingo - everything streams fine now.

Hope this is useful to anyone who is experiencing the same problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TedM1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Additional info:

This problem has been going on for weeks. It says content is unavailable, try again later. I do exactly that, over and over. Still exactly the same problem for weeks now. Why do some programs refuse to stream and others are fine?

0 Kudos
Justdann
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I ran into a similar issue with this show.  Tried it on my laptop, and got the same thing.  This eliminated Roku.  I'm unable to find any "support" postings for Discovery+ to see if this being corrected.

0 Kudos
Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This show is not on Discovery+ it's on Paramount+.   I've had no issues, just as one more data point

0 Kudos
Justdann
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Oops....  Meant to say Paramount+.  Thanks. 

BTW... Just tried to watch episode 7 and kept getting an error where a circle show up stating loading....   Tried it on my laptop and can't get it to even load up.  Episode 8 works on the TV and laptop. (dumb episode BTW)

I think it is an issue with the Paramount system.  Have you tried it on other systems?  I'm curious if it's my internet connection. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's content and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TedM1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

looks like I have solved the problem.

As suggested by Danny (thanks!), I contacted Paramount+ directly.

Contacting them turned out to be very difficult as their automated chatbot was unhelpful and they have their customer service phone number deeply hidden (it is 1-888-274-5343).

The rep did two things - first the standard 'unplug your TV for 30 seconds, etc.' which i have tried a dozen times before with no success.

Second (and most important) the rep said she cleared and re-entered my information AT HER END! This is what worked - after she corrected my info at her end, bingo - everything streams fine now.

Hope this is useful to anyone who is experiencing the same problem.

busfault

Jump to solution

What fixed it for me was going int the settings in the P+ app and under video, turning off auto play of video and sound. I only had issues with this one series but that seems to have fixed it.

0 Kudos