Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wificrazy

Spotify freezing and crashing

I have two TCL Roku tv’s. On one Spotify works great. On the other Spotify opens, plays for 10-15 seconds then freezes and crashes. 

we’ve tried updating the Spotify app, uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app and unplugging the tv. Nothing helps. It was working fine until yesterday. 

Any ideas? Netflix and YouTube play just fine on it. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Spotify freezing and crashing

Hi @Wificrazy,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us here about this issue going on when accessing Spotify. We'd like to see more of this.

Let's see if connecting that device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, helps relieve the issue.

And let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kingkhan12
Reel Rookie

Re: Spotify freezing and crashing

Thank you for your prompt response and suggestions regarding the Spotify freezing and crashing issue. I'll definitely give connecting to an alternative network, like a mobile hotspot, a try and let you know if it resolves the problem.

I've noticed that the freezing and crashing usually occur when I'm using Spotify on my Roku device, and it's been quite frustrating. It's reassuring to know that the Roku Community is actively working to address these issues.

On a related note, I wanted to share an additional concern regarding Spotify. There have been instances where users have encountered difficulties with the app when trying to access premium features without a valid subscription. It appears that some users are attempting to download Spotify Premium for free, which might be contributing to the technical glitches.

I understand the allure of accessing premium features without a subscription, but it's essential to emphasize the importance of using Spotify through legitimate channels. Encouraging users to subscribe to Spotify Premium not only supports the artists and the platform but also ensures a seamless and optimal user experience.

If users encounter problems related to their Spotify experience, it's crucial to address these issues through proper channels, such as contacting Spotify support or seeking assistance from the Roku Community. By doing so, we can contribute to a more stable and enjoyable environment for all users.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.