Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: channel shortcut not working

@kcb1  Are you in the US? Are you using a VPN? I just removed Spotify off my Roku. I restarted my Roku and re added Spotify. When it re added it appeared on the bottom of my channel list. I did not see it cause I have 30 channels. But it was there. I opened it up and logged into it 

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

yes I am in US. no I'm not using a VPN. I literally just got rid of a roku tv that was running on the same network and same roku account and spotify was working just fine. even made sure that tv was reset and i was signed out before I started up the new tv

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@kcb1 wrote:

what steps? ...

The steps are:

1. Remove the app
  2. Restart the Roku. For a Roku TV, that's Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart. Simply turning a TV off and on is not sufficient.
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps in that order. I'm not going to assume what you know or don't know. I'm going to list the steps and request you explicitly confirm you did them. I've seen enough instances on this board to realize that many will skip step 2, or do the steps out of order. I want explicit confirmation of the steps and the order, or we've not properly done an important troubleshooting step.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

How many channels do you have by the way? Before you got rid of your other Roku TV did you do a factory reset on it?

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@DBDukes  Can you successfully add the Spotify channel? I can 

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

yes I factory reset the old TV before even plugging in the new one. no I cannot install spotify. I've been trying for 2 days now. it does the same exact thing over and over 

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

and I have less than 10 channels. that's why I'm so frustrated cause literally Netflix and spotify are about my only 2 reasons right now to have any sort of smart TV 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@kcb1 wrote:

yes I factory reset the old TV before even plugging in the new one. no I cannot install spotify. I've been trying for 2 days now. it does the same exact thing over and over 

Okay, this is where things aren't clear. Other statements indicated to me -- and I could be reading them wrong -- that you were removing and reinstalling the app on the TV. But now this says you cannot install Spotify. Which means if you can't install it, you can't remove it. So, that's my confusion. Is the Spotify app on this Roku TV but just doesn't work? Or is the Spotify app not even installing at all? And you've scrolled all the way up and down your app listing to confirm it's not at the end of the listing?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

if I search spotify, hit "add channel" it says "adding spotify" never shows loading percentage but shows the little circle going. once it's done the list comes up of go to channel, remove channel and all that. I hit " go to channel" brings me right back to that same screen, doesnt open spotify in the slightest. I go to the homepage, go up and down its not there. on the roku app if I try to add the spotify channel it just loads and does nothing but continue to say add

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@kcb1 wrote:

if I search spotify, hit "add channel" it says "adding spotify" never shows loading percentage but shows the little circle going. once it's done the list comes up of go to channel, remove channel and all that. I hit " go to channel" brings me right back to that same screen, doesnt open spotify in the slightest. I go to the homepage, go up and down its not there. on the roku app if I try to add the spotify channel it just loads and does nothing but continue to say add

Thanks. That helps clarify.

Try this: go to https://channelstore.roku.com/ and search for Spotify. Does it show it as installed? Or do you have the option to install?

DBDukes

0 Kudos