Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
at0micpunks
Channel Surfer

Sports on Youtube.TV (resolution terrible) - Google throttling Roku?

Is anyone else noticing poor resolution on sporting events, primarily football (NCAA/NFL) in the Youtube.TV app? This has been going on for a few weeks now and I plugged in a chromecast to the same TV and have been running Youtube.TV off the chromecast instead of Roku tv and I am getting far better resolution.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
at0micpunks
Channel Surfer

Re: Sports on Youtube.TV (resolution terrible) - Google throttling Roku?

And yes, I've removed the Youtube.TV app from my Roku TVs and re-added with no difference.

0 Kudos
Demon69c
Reel Rookie

Been trying to watch the Baseball playoffs and not only had resolution issues but excessive buffering on my Roku TV ( and limited only to you tube  and associated elements ie regular and You tube TV)

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @at0micpunks @Demon69c,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community regarding the quality of resolution while streaming.

Have you noticed this issue occurs with other channels/streaming platforms? Also, what specific Roku device are you using to stream on YouTube TV?

For the meantime, we recommend visiting this support article on how to manage the resolution of your Roku device while streaming: How to change the display type on your Roku® streaming player

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
at0micpunks
Channel Surfer

No. I do not see resolution issues except for local network channel (ABC, CBS, FOX) broadcasts and specifically with sporting events. The NFL, this season, has been horrible. I have not had these problems before. My primary tv is a 55" TCL Roku tv.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @at0micpunks. We would also suggest reporting this to the channel support team and asking for further assistance. Most of the channels on the platform are directly managed by the channel developer team.

You can contact YouTube TV support here: Contact Us.

And let us know if they're able to resolve this for you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos