Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flathcliff

Spectrum remotes stopped working with TCL TV

This morning my three Spectrum  silver remotes stopped working with both of my TCL TVs.  A Reddit Post solved it for me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spectrum/comments/16t31yy/spectrum_remote_pairing_issue_with_tcl_tv/?rdt=61...

Before entering the 11463 code, my remotes would sometimes turn off the TV, but never turned it on or adjusted volume. Weird.

Maybe downloaded updates from Roku caused the problem. 

19 REPLIES 19
number40Fan
Binge Watcher

Re: Spectrum remotes stopped working with TCL TV

HOLY S&^*!!

Thanks.  It isn't perfect, but it is better than what I had after this stupid update.

I have Directv and I know my code is 11756 and this code at least allows me to adjust the volume and turn on/off the TV.

0 Kudos
JeanInTN
Channel Surfer

My Spectrum remote stopped working yesterday after the Roku software update and none of the codes would repair it with the TV.  I know I previously used the 11756 code when I got the TV a couple of months ago.  Now I have tried the 11463 code and it's working again.  All I have ever been able to do with the Spectrum remote is to turn the TV on and off (along with the cable box at the same time, using the "system" button) and control the volume.  I think I can use the "Input" button but I'm sure the functionality is limited; it was the same way on my old Samsung TV.  I used the original TV remote with the Samsung TV to access the other features of the TV.  Since I got the new TCL Roku TV, I have been using the little Roku remote to access the antenna channels and the Roku features.  Thanks for the new code; I'm finally back to normal now!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @flathcliff @JeanInTN!

Welcome, and thank you for raising your remote issues with us. Worry no more, as we will be more than willing to forward your concern to the appropriate Roku team for further review.

Kindly provide us the following requested details below so we can escalate this effectively:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Brand, model, and serial number of the remote:
  • A photo of your remote:

We'll be looking forward to your responses as we are eager to find you the best resolution possible. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JeanInTN
Channel Surfer

@RokuCarly 

TCL model 43S450R

Hardware ID G182X

Serial number X0100X8EUS9

Software version 12.5.0 build 4176-CG

Device ID SOYKD358EUS9

I'm using a Charter brand remote from my cable company (now called Spectrum); according to the photo on their website it's model 1060BC2/1060BC3.  I'm using a laptop to post this so I can't easily get a photo of my remote, but here's a photo I found online which looks just like what I have.  The other code someone posted in this thread yesterday works for me, and I'm back to normal for now.  But please supply this code to Spectrum and the other TV providers as well as to the TV manufacturers.  And please DON'T let future software updates cause this to happen again.SpectrumRemote.jpg

randl
Reel Rookie

Here is my info.

• Roku model: 43S405  
  • Roku serial number: YN00A1367944
  • device ID: 8L500A367944
  • OS version: 12.5.0 build 4176-30
  • Remote brand: Spectrum/Charter 
  • Remote model: 1060BC2/1060BC3
0 Kudos
number40Fan
Binge Watcher

I wouldn't even bother giving them the info they are asking for.  This latest update killed everything.  They just need to rollback to the previous.  In fact, I'd take the firmware that came with the TV over anything they have updated it to since.

@randl Try the 11463 code and you should be good to go.

randl
Reel Rookie

11463 is a partial fix that doesn't help me much - no navigation buttons, no exit, etc.  I still need the TV remote to select streaming services, to navigate within a service, etc. 

I had better luck with 11780.  That restores all but OK/Select (so I still need the TV remote).  Agree that TCL has to correct this.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @JeanInTN @randl.

Thank you so much for providing us with the requested details. Since each remote is manufactured uniquely, this will make it easier for our Engineering team to look into your concern thoroughly. This will also assist our team in identifying the fundamental root of the problem you're currently experiencing. 

We will definitely notify the Community as soon as our Engineering team provides additional details and updates. We really appreciate your cooperation, understanding, and patience while we work on this in the interim. 

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with aside from this, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

These codes do not seem to work with my rc122 since it only takes the first 4 digits and not five so all the lights blink whenever I enter four digits of the code.  This is the older black spectrum rc122 control.  I also tried 1098.  The Roku tcl tv will not shut off or control the volume with the Spectrum remove.  Channel up or down is controlled.  The Spectrum remote does appear to turn on the Roku tv but not turn it off.  This is my wife's tv and she's been complaining about this for a while.  It used to work just fine.  And it has fresh batteries and rebooted the cable box because it's sometimes a Spectrum screw up too.  Nothing works!!!!

0 Kudos