Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrishare
Reel Rookie

Soundbar audio sync with Roku TV OS 12 software

Jump to solution

My TCL 55r655 Roku tv received software version 12 update and now my soundbar audio is way out of sync.  Audio is ahead of video. Tried HDMI eArc and optical cord. Nothing fixes it.  Tried TCL soundbar on Visio tv and works fine.  Even bought a brand new TCL Roku tv, same issue after software update.  Ugh... Wish TCL or Roku would fix this with next update.  Any suggestions? Anybody else with this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chrishare
Reel Rookie

Re: Soundbar audio sync with version 12 software

Jump to solution

Finally figured out the audio sync issue was YouTube tv and YouTube.  Turned audio format to passthrough or PCM on TCL tv.  Worked with surround sound 5.1 turned on in YouTube tv and surround sound turned on in soundbar and tv.  Works much better.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Chrishare,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having problems with your soundbar. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Did you try to disconnect your soundbar to see if the issue still persists.

Please keep us posted on what you find out!

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chrishare
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, unplugged soundbar.  Tried HDMI eArc and optical cable.  Even spoke with TCL support and did factory reset on soundbar.  Soundbar works fine on my Vizio tv. Audio delay on my TCL Roku 55r655.

0 Kudos
Chrishare
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Finally figured out the audio sync issue was YouTube tv and YouTube.  Turned audio format to passthrough or PCM on TCL tv.  Worked with surround sound 5.1 turned on in YouTube tv and surround sound turned on in soundbar and tv.  Works much better.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.